·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, newbie here with a question:

95 Dodge Intrepid
3.5 liter
142000 miles

The interior fuse for my radiator fan keeps blowing. Of course with this trouble in this heat besides overheating quickly, my AC will not come on as well.

We have checked the relays and switched them around, and have now replaced the temperature sensor as well. I have inspected the wiring that I can see easily and find no pinches or any that are exposed. We believe the problem is on the primary side since the 10 amp is blowing.

If we could find a wiring diagram for the system in question it would be most helpful also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheekymonkey aka Andy

138 Posts
cheekymonkey said:
Hey folks, newbie here with a question:

95 Dodge Intrepid
3.5 liter
142000 miles

The interior fuse for my radiator fan keeps blowing. Of course with this trouble in this heat besides overheating quickly, my AC will not come on as well.

We have checked the relays and switched them around, and have now replaced the temperature sensor as well. I have inspected the wiring that I can see easily and find no pinches or any that are exposed. We believe the problem is on the primary side since the 10 amp is blowing.

If we could find a wiring diagram for the system in question it would be most helpful also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheekymonkey aka Andy
In my honest opinion, your fans bushings are worn out, i mean think about it, the fan kicks on, and it can't turn, that'll blow a fuse with the quickness. You've checked every thing else, right ? Wiring and all that ? Nothing shorted. Are the fans/fan hard to spin by hand ?

Turn the carr off, and spin the fans by hand, if they spin free, ignore what i've just said. As far as the AC, i donno, with out some information on what you're already checked.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had the same problem. it turned out to be that a whire in the harness on the rear of the engine had worn through, caused a short and burned wires in that harness and in the harness running under the radiator. I was not able to locate them until i unwrapped the entire harness replaced the bad wires and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions and the wiring diagram. We are going to rewire and avoid the interior fuse box and go directly to the relay. It would be easier than going through all that wiring harness. We will see how that works.

Thanks again,
Cheekymonkey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.