DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, since I won't have the cash to pay to get the cooling system flushed until next week, I'm wondering what is the best, home method of doing this? I've ehard many different methods, and I was just curious what is the best way? I've heard to jsut disconnect the lower and upper hose and spray water from upper, into engine. I've also heard to drain system, fill with water, run for a few minutes, drain, fill again with water, run for a few minutes, drain, fill with coolant mixture

·
Registered
76 Posts
I personnaly like to do a combo of the both. I prefer drain the system, them disconect the upper hose, remove the Thermostat, then put a hose in the radiator , then turn the car on and and let it idle for a few minutes and circulate all the clean water all over. Then pur some distiled ater in it for a shorter version of the same process, then turn off engine, drain water, reinstall thermostat, fill with coolant mixture. It is a bit time consuming, but definately does the best job.

But really anything works as long as you get clean water thru there to flush out old junk....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts