DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, unfortunatly, most of you are clicking on this thread hoping to find something related to an Intrepid R/C car. This is not the case.

I was wondering if anyone knew where (on the net perhaps, hopefully Canadian sites), I could find R/C cars, and I mean decent ones. I have one old crappy G.I.Joe R/C car (your basic **** car), one "high-end" 24 year old R/C truck (very similar to this one). It's got 2WD or 4WD capability, working differential, digital proportional steering and speed controls.

What I'm looking for is something similar, motor or gas powered, with all this, possibly working head/tail lights, 2wd or 4wd (preferrably switchable), etc etc. Anyone know where I can find something like that?

*Edit* Radio Shack has one kinda what I'm looking for, but it's not good enough. (It's the H2), but, I would like a car preferrably

·
Registered
1,139 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh oh oh oh oh oh......... look what I found........ SEXY (warning, looking at this picture may cause your wallet to lose weight)

Click Here

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Word of warning, the hobby gets very pricey!!! I have a highly modified Tamaia (sp) Frog that about 20 years ago I had close to $1000 into it. Things have changed since then and I'm sure prices did not go down...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bongobobny said:
Word of warning, the hobby gets very pricey!!! I have a highly modified Tamaia (sp) Frog that about 20 years ago I had close to $1000 into it. Things have changed since then and I'm sure prices did not go down...
Expensive? I believe it, and well it gets worse, check out this link (here). Isn't it a BEAUTIFUL 300M. I want to make something like this. I think it's incredibly sexy, but probably expensive to make

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I would love to get into RC cars. The cost is preventing me from getting into it. Well, actually, the fact that I have no good place to play with them is the biggest reason why I haven't gotten into it. If I did have a place to play with them, the cost factor may not be enough to prevent me getting into RC cars.

:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
There is also http://www.hpiracing.com

They have several Chrysler related bodies; 300M, Stratus, Viper and PT Cruiser to name a few.

I would love to get back into this hobby with the cars. I have flown radio controlled sailplanes and powered airplanes for many years.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, this is just getting to much. Now, I find that people can install working "headlights" or "taillights" (White or Blue LED's for the front, Red for the back) and on top of that, undercar neons. This is just crazy. Check this Link out

·
Registered
870 Posts
A lot of "sport" model esc's(electronic speed controls) have built-in Brake Light Circuitry which is a tiny circuit in the ESC that allows high intensity red LEDs to be illuminated when the ESC is in neutral or brakes. The LEDs would be mounted in the rear of the body. Such as this kit made by Novak:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Warlord187 said:
I got quit reading this thread because you people are tempting me to get into this hobby.
Bah....... just keep telling yourself that you have no money.

BTW, do you have a g/f or wife? If so, just picture her nagging you for spending the money on something "worthless"

If it wasn't for me having to answer to my g/f (and parents at times), I'd have bought myself a laptop to go with my new digital camera, and desktop computer :D

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Warlord187 said:
Quit bragging! :biggrin:

CinnamonGlazeM said:
If you are really interested in this hobby, here is something else to consider...depending on how deep you would like to get.

http://www.conleyprecision.com/products.htm
And I checked out that site, the viper engine for $250,000? I could get a viper for that price. But, I guess if you're rich enough, why not by a 1/4 scale one.

·
Registered
870 Posts
CinnamonGlazeM said:
If you are really interested in this hobby, here is something else to consider...depending on how deep you would like to get.

http://www.conleyprecision.com/products.htm
They had one of those 1/4 scale Cobra's on Home Improvement(Tool Time) once. Time fired it up and revved the engine, man did it sound awsome!!!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Warlord187 said:
Those prices are absolutely ridiculous!!!
They cost that much for a reason, those cars are fully functional, if someone was small enough to drive them, they could be driven like a regular car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts