DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1995 dodge intrepid and the radio doesn't work. The digital clock doesn't come on or anything. Every once in a while it comes on, but the next day it'll be out again. Could it be a loose wire somewhere? i checked the fuse box for the radio fuse and its in good shape so i don't know what it could be. Anybody know what the problem is or have any suggestions?

·
Registered
530 Posts
pull the head unit out and check the connectors

·
Registered
530 Posts
pull the head unit out and check the connectors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the head unit factory or aftermarket?? If it factory, it sounds like its time for a new one. If it a aftermarket, (If the plug was not cut behind the dash). you might have the accessory wire and the 12V wires switched, If not, try reconnecting both the 12V and accessory wires up again. Good Luck

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mr

no it is not hard. just pop of the plastic trim around the radio and then remove the screws holding in the radio.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Re: head unit

dodgedon said:
how do I pull out the head unit? I haven't really done it before. Is it hard to do?
If you want pics of how to take the radio send me your email address. I have a set of pictures showing the process...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx bat... i checked the connectors and they're fine. I think i'm just gonna get a new stereo and put that in cuz the problem is probably inside the radio. what kind of system do u have in your intrepid? any suggestions for mine?

·
Registered
562 Posts
dodgedon said:
thanx bat... i checked the connectors and they're fine. I think i'm just gonna get a new stereo and put that in cuz the problem is probably inside the radio. what kind of system do u have in your intrepid? any suggestions for mine?
What kind of music do you listen to? What are you willing to spend on equipment? and do you want ALOT of bass?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Rockford Fosgate Head Unit

I am partial to mine.

I would suggest one to anyone!

:crazy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i listen to different kinds of music but it'll probably be mostly some rap and some rock. but yes a lot of bass would be good :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts