DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used rain-x on the rear window? Does it help or hinder visibility?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Helps visibility in the rain :)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
i put it on the side mirrors too. reduces morning fog alot.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use it on all the outside windows and mirrors on all of my vehicles. It really helps with the mud on the Jeep windows LOL. I used it on the outside and INSIDE of the windows on my old offshore fishing boat.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Helps in the rain.

I did find that before the rain-x, when you might get morning dew on the back glass, it would collect in large groups and then run off the glass when you started driving. There was some visibilty to the rear through the water(hard to explain).
Now after rain-x, the morning dew would be broken into tiny droplets which didn't run off the glass because they weren't large enough in mass to get going down the low angle of the glass. And because the dew was distributed sort of evenly across the window and it actually hindered visibility like a mask. I started squeegy-ing my back glass on those 'dewy' mornings. Once the rain-x wore off, I didn't reapply for that reason

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I like to keep a spray bottle of washer fluid that has rainx or whatever they are selling at wally's in my car. I spray all the glass, including the mirrors. I use it on the headlights and taillights also. Seems to help a little bit.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Helps in the rain.

I did find that before the rain-x, when you might get morning dew on the back glass, it would collect in large groups and then run off the glass when you started driving. There was some visibilty to the rear through the water(hard to explain).
Now after rain-x, the morning dew would be broken into tiny droplets which didn't run off the glass because they weren't large enough in mass to get going down the low angle of the glass. And because the dew was distributed sort of evenly across the window and it actually hindered visibility like a mask. I started squeegy-ing my back glass on those 'dewy' mornings. Once the rain-x wore off, I didn't reapply for that reason
I have had the same experience. And if you never get the dew drops to roll off, then they dry and leave thousands of little dust spots on the window.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
it will most likely ripple and just sit, unless u are going so fast the water rushes off. In any case i find its not a big issues even with a lot of water on there.

I use rain x on my headlights, i doubt it helps tho LOL.

CM

·
Registered
293 Posts
I suppose you could mount a wing at the back of the roof to force air across the back window. And hey, the extra down-force should help with the handling too!

·
Registered
116 Posts
rainx is key in the spring and well in all weather, i love when i come out in the winter and the snow is not on my windows :) also candyman i used rainx on my rims last week becuase i was all out of my other cleaner and it worked pretty well, the only thing i didnt like about it was it washed off quicker than i would have liked, i still stick with buffing in some nice mothers polish, makes a nice shine, keeps water off and makes it easier to clean up the next time.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Has anyone thought of using RainX on their rims? Think it would help from getting a lot of dirt build up very quickly? Living in the country, all we have is gravel and field dust everywhere. I have yet to try it but wondered if it would do any good, or cause some unforeseen damage to the rims?
Worth a try

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I use carnuba on all the windows. Seems to make the wipers move better in the rain and the rear window seems to defrost faster.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Has anyone thought of using RainX on their rims? Think it would help from getting a lot of dirt build up very quickly? Living in the country, all we have is gravel and field dust everywhere. I have yet to try it but wondered if it would do any good, or cause some unforeseen damage to the rims?
too much work and it wont fix anything a power washer cant remove in less than a few seconds.

Rain x works with direct air impact. Brake dust and extreme heat will just burn up the wax. Rain x is just a wax really. So id say no it wont help, if anything it will attract dirt more and make ur rims even dirtier.

CM

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
too much work and it wont fix anything a power washer cant remove in less than a few seconds.

Rain x works with direct air impact. Brake dust and extreme heat will just burn up the wax. Rain x is just a wax really. So id say no it wont help, if anything it will attract dirt more and make ur rims even dirtier.

CM
yea its pretty much silicone.

i did have this stuff for chrome rims that would keep them clean, but i still always washed and mothers wax/polished them down.

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
ive always like rain-x i usally aply rainx to all my windows i even use the windsheild wipers and that makes a difference but i have yet to do it to my trep but rain x also makes a anti fog solution u put on the inside of your windows and keeps them from fogging up and i think thats a great product i live by rain x cause i hate poor visability when driving its a pet peeve of mine being able to see 100%

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
ive always like rain-x i usally aply rainx to all my windows i even use the windsheild wipers and that makes a difference but i have yet to do it to my trep but rain x also makes a anti fog solution u put on the inside of your windows and keeps them from fogging up and i think thats a great product i live by rain x cause i hate poor visability when driving its a pet peeve of mine being able to see 100%
that anti fog **** just made me mad, kept leaving a noticeable residue. maybe i was applying it wrong, but i doubt i'll be trying it again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts