DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you love what RainX does but hate trying to get the greasy hazy film off the windows after applying it?? Well I found a method that makes it a breeze. I put two coats like directed, let it dry to a haze and spray with your favorite detail spray and then using a clean microfiber towel, just wipe it off. No stubborn haze and it still works like RainX should. A real labor saver.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That stuff is AMAZING, especialy at night in a HEAVY rain storm and your drivers side windshield wiper likes to life up off the glass when going down....

·
Registered
434 Posts
Do you love what RainX does but hate trying to get the greasy hazy film off the windows after applying it?? Well I found a method that makes it a breeze. I put two coats like directed, let it dry to a haze and spray with your favorite detail spray and then using a clean microfiber towel, just wipe it off. No stubborn haze and it still works like RainX should. A real labor saver.
What's your personal choice in detail spray, aka, the one that worked?

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
I got rain-x wipers and they work great!!!! Never tried the window stuff.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Applied to a really clean windshield there aren't many streaks. Try clay barring the windshield first! You'll never believe what comes off a "clean" windshield!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
rainx windshield washer fluid is the best stuff in the world. i only use in when its winter cause the snow falls off the windshield. Rain x for the rest of the car causes snow to not stick to the side windows or rear window. the snow just falls off.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Rain X is great stuff. I've used it for years, microfiber keeps the streaking and haze down.

I love driving down the road in a big rainstorm. Sometimes I'll see one other car that uses Rain-X. How do I know? Not using his wipers.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I haven't applied RainX to a car in years... I need to. I'm used to the washer fluid formula, but it's not as powerful.

·
Registered
689 Posts
They now have RainX window cleaner, I have a couple of bottles, this stuff is hard to use though, streaks really bad. on the inside I just use a wet microfiber towel and a dry window towel, removes all streaks and window film, leaves inside windows extra clean.
Tom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts