DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the subject in GenI so I thought it may apply to us as well. I'm sure it will get some input.
I thought about a Ram-Air hood for my Trep for the longest time. Now, somebody pull up the areodynamic profile for the Intrepid and you will see that the drag coeficient is very low because the only place wind hits the friggin car is on the GRILL! An intake right off the road under the current nose (shaped like a small oval jet intake) or you could cut a similar shape hole where the front licence plate goes (if legal in your state). Route some sort of ducting to the bottom of the L_intake after a hole or two has been cut in the air box and blammo! Ram_Air for all of us.
So I guess we need to go to the basics that RamAir is just forced air. I have a ricer buddy that made some killer Civics and his ram air was similar to that previously described. Cheap too! NOT an expensive 1200 dollar kit like the Camaro has. Anyway, maybe I'll find a shop here in Columbus, GA that can hook up a bolt-on for under the nose or Lister can get it going since it seems he has some associates in this biz already.
I'm a pencil and paper draftsman, so I haven't Photoshopped my idea. :cool:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If you go to the second generation pics, go to Bbull82. he has a sort of ram air thing going. he has moved the battery to the trunk to make room for an airhose to go to where the passenger side fog light is. he has taken out the light for air to run through. I think its a pretty nice set up. other than he should have created it better by having something like GR8WHT's intake, but one that goes all the way down to the mock fog light.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts