DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Concorde to the race track last nite. Needless to say i was pleasantly suprised. 1st race was against a civic coupe. Good drag race, still came out on top! 15.6 @ 87 Second race was a disaster. i intended to run against a same year Ford SHO but was forced to go with a 86 monte carlo. I got my ass handed to me. I smoked the tires 3/4 of the way through 1st gear. Just as the monte crossed the finish line, something blew and a bunch of metal came flying across my lane (scared the **** out of me)and i had to hit the breaks before the finish line. :-( Got my slip and was disappointed with a [email protected] 62mph. I really wanted to compare the first and second race, just to make sure it wasnt a fluke. Pictures of my timeslips are on my cardomain site.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
15.6 is right good!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
good run!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jfsram said:
A .60 is killer for a first generation. Is it stock?
Its not stock. Flowmaster and specter intake. I took out the sub box and the spare tire for some weight reduction. I also took off the turn signal to get better air to the intake. My engine had a good two hours of ice on it before we ran. I seriously almost **** myself when i got my timeslip. i thought a time like that was unheard of in 1st gens.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Sub box removal is within stock. I even removed the spare tire, jack and baby seats for my run at 15.80 @ 88.

The intake idea must be working well for you.

Now I have mixed feelings about the muffler. I've heard 2 stories of slower times on 1st gens after an exhaust upgrade and have reluctant to upgrade mine since.
Have you ran the car before the Flowmaster?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i ran it two years ago with just the flowmaster. it was also ungodly hot and humid. 16.2 or 16.3 cant remember what it was exactly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts