DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got a 97 sport and when im sitting at lights with my foot on the brake...while the car is in drive the car is normal for a few seconds then turns kinda violent it shakes randomly n sounds different....i put it in to neutral it stops
?....is this normal?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine does this.. the idle gets rough randomly. I'll be sitting at a light around 650-700, then it'll kick down and shake quick and the rpm drops to 450, then picks back up. Whenever it's in park or neutral, it doesn't happen.

I have no idea what causes this though

·
Registered
891 Posts
I had a stumble like this that was caused by a leaking lower intake manifold gasket. It can however also be caused by simpler things like an old/over-gapped plug, bad plug wire, or fouled fuel injector. If you decide to do the lower intake manifold gasket, it really isn’t that hard, however just be very careful torquing the lower manifold down in the right order so it doesn’t crack.

I

·
0 Posts
Sounds like the lower intake manifold gasket is leaking. You can first try cleaning up your IAC valve.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3.5l
i dont know its not really violent i guess i shouldnt use that word but its rough and rumbles..engine gets deeper....but the rpm stays the same just, does that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts