DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the drags friday night, and my luck, i found a first 96 intrepid ready to run. he's running a 3.5 with 107k and an empty trunk. I'm runnin my 94 corde with a 3.5 & 142K and 2 12s in the trunk. both bone stock, we parked side by side and compared. we get up to the line, he revs up, and i wasted him. i crossed the line and he was about 5 or more car lengths behind. when we got back to the pits, i asked how he is coming off the line, and he said hes starting in 3rd. i'm going from 5000 rpms in neutral and dropping right into drive. he fears for his tranny, i honestly dont care.

ever seen a sable drag? more like lag!

·
Registered
431 Posts
So you're neutral dropping it??!!! :icon_eek: I seriously hope you're saving up for a new tranny.
Anyways, good kill.

Reactions: wrench

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
you aren't going to win too many races neutral dropping like that.

Bringing the car up on its converter is more than enough to get you up there.

As for launching in 3rd...sounds like you have some people I'd like to bracket race out there.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
5000rpm neutral drops??!! :twak:

Lmao!!! I'm waiting for the next post where you tell us your transmission blew up! :rollgrin:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My tranny actually doesnt seem any diff than when i started this stuff, bout 2 years ago. i just started making it legal this month. how long does it take for neutral drops to blow out my transmission?

·
Registered
627 Posts
your doing it all wrong ,for a proper launch hold the brake and give it gas untill you rpms are up a little when the light turns green let off of the brake and away you will go ,the idea is really for a rear wheel drive car your supposed to power brake just until before the tires brake loose so that way some torque is already at the wheels before you launch,and how long does it take for a tranny to blow ......well your probaly going to be telling us real soon if you keep doing 5000rpm N to D DROPS!!!please stop doing that its reall not going to make your car any faster!!!.....unless you had a automatic tranny with a manual valve body in it !!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Neutral dropping kicks ass and is an awesome way to get a high rpm launch down. Keep doing it, hell, do it on the streets too, and practice doing it. Have you tried dropping it at 6000rpms? That should be even better.

·
Registered
646 Posts
1fst4dr said:
Neutral dropping kicks ass and is an awesome way to get a high rpm launch down. Keep doing it, hell, do it on the streets too, and practice doing it. Have you tried dropping it at 6000rpms? That should be even better.
Do you want this guy to die?

OHHHH

I get it.

KEEP IT UP BRO!!! :icon_lol:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Powerpack90 said:
Went to the drags friday night, and my luck, i found a first 96 intrepid ready to run. he's running a 3.5 with 107k and an empty trunk. I'm runnin my 94 corde with a 3.5 & 142K and 2 12s in the trunk. both bone stock, we parked side by side and compared. we get up to the line, he revs up, and i wasted him. i crossed the line and he was about 5 or more car lengths behind. when we got back to the pits, i asked how he is coming off the line, and he said hes starting in 3rd. i'm going from 5000 rpms in neutral and dropping right into drive. he fears for his tranny, i honestly dont care.

ever seen a sable drag? more like lag!
I can not believe that the track is even letting you do that. Most tracks to not allow you to neutral drop a car. back in the days of push button shifting people used to do that all the time. When trans parts and fluid starting getting left at the line tracks started to change the rules. As for starting in third, there is not really a difference. The car has a computer and no matter what anyone says. The trans starts off in first. The only difference is that you can hold the gear longer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
obviously i'm having no problems. they dont have lights. they dont even wet down before the line. just the first few cars get to warm their tires before they go. with these cars, its next to imposible to get a good break when holding the brakes. 4 wheels locked up, that would put even more torque on the trans. your pushing the power into the tranny, but not going anywhere, not even spinning. so ina way n drops are better, the tires get to move, not held against the tranny.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Powerpack90 said:
obviously i'm having no problems. they dont have lights. they dont even wet down before the line. just the first few cars get to warm their tires before they go. with these cars, its next to imposible to get a good break when holding the brakes. 4 wheels locked up, that would put even more torque on the trans. your pushing the power into the tranny, but not going anywhere, not even spinning. so ina way n drops are better, the tires get to move, not held against the tranny.
You can't possibly be this stupid.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
lol this thread made me laugh.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Did you try the 6k rpm drop yet? That should yield a hell of a launch. If you can drop it higher than 6k, do that. A good way to test it out is to try it on the street, over, over, and over again. Try it at the stop lights too, parking lots, even backing out of the driveway. Get that technique down, and you'll be golden.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
While you're at it, try a neutral drop into reverse. It might even yank the rear wheels.

Until I hear a quarter mile time and mph I will not take this post seriously.
Since you've claimed to improve your launch with this method how about a 60' time.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
i didnt ask for all this bull ****. i launch how i launch. you guys dont like it then shut the hell up.

how are you sposed to get times and speed if this track is so out dated that they cant tell you?????

1 - 20 of 76 Posts