DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the new movie Rat Race? I couldn't help but notice...Whoopi Goldberg and her daughter drive a hunter green de-badged 2nd Gen BASE MODEL (no fog lamps, bolt-on hubcaps), but it has grey leather interior. Anyone know why? I know the base model's don't come with leather....I just thought it was interesting. They must have changed it for the movie, or only showed Intrepid ES interior shots..... There is also 1st Gen de-badged ES cop cars with leather on the movie too....kinda cool to see them chasing other cars, shows how much power they have..haha. Don't know if anyone wanted to know all that...I just thought it was cool.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Actually I had posted the same question waaaaaaaayyyyy back on the original board when I saw the film in the theatres.

It was a funny movie. I always wondered why they had the base model front on the leather interiored model. I am guessing because it was debadged, it might have been a wrecked ES that they rebuilt and they just happened to use an SE front end. I doubt they would use a brand new car just to run off a cliff and destroy.

Another funny thing is that when the go to rental counter to get the Intrepid, I beleive the attendant tells them they are getting a Lumina.:wink:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
that 1st gen was whooping some ass until it ran out of fuel.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
No way, the absolute funniest part when when the guy drives Hitler's car into the WWII convention speaking German jibberish with the lipstick mustache. I almost pissed myself.

YOU

SHOULD

HAVE

BOUGHT

A

SQUIRREL!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm not a Whoopi Goldberg fan, kind of annoying but yeah, I want to see that movie!

I'm pretty sharp and knew during the quick previews for the movie that it was a trep right away. Oooohh, got some first gens too....! I gotta see that.........!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Did they perhaps use the base for the "outside the car scenes" and use an ES for the "inside the car" close-ups? I never saw the movie but I have seen this done before. I can't think of a specific example right off the bat. :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts