DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to own a 95 saturn sc2. That car had rattles that you wouldnt believe coming from the dash and interior (EVERYWHERE).... Anyway, there was no real way to get rid of that stuff....

Well in my 98 ES there are some rattles when I go over bumps. Not really rattles as much as vibrations. I know I need 2 new front struts, strut mounts, and inner tie rod bushings, as well as rotors all which I will be getting to hopefully within a month.....

But when I hit bumps or rough pavement, the vibrations sound like they are coming from the two front door panels, and dash..... (not huge but I am somewhat a perfectionist when it comes to my car). I already took the left side of the dash apart and found that one of the bolts on that sheild looking plate of metal that is slanted down below the steering wheel was stripped loose causing an actual rattle... I put a new one in and the rattle subsided for now... But there are still (sometimes subtle, sometimes blunt) vibrations and an occasional squeak.....

What can I do? would a new dash or a 300m dash do the trick? (I have factory wood grain so I wouldnt want to lose my dash if I can help it)... Just wondering if there were some TREP TIPS??

Thanks

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont think the wood around the vents is intricate... I think it adds nice contrast because the whole left side of the dash has wood, and with the rings around the vents it kind of evens it out... Also I like the wood on the doors around the window switches and such... Especially with my color car and my color interior

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.