DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the past few days I've been hearing this annoying rattling in my dash whenever I go over a rough road or even anything that isn't newly paved and perfectly flat. It sounds like its a large piece of plastic or metal vibrating against something else in the dash. I figured it might be my wiper cowl which ended up being broken in half, so I tightened that down and kept looking.

There seems to be a piece of metal or plastic inside the vent that leads to the vent on the far left side of the drivers seat, on the left of the steering wheel. My first course of action will be to find some kind of extending magnet to drop into the vent with a string and see if I can't pull out a screw. If that doesn't work I'm pretty sure I'll have to remove the vent and flip it upside down. Is there an easy way to do this... maybe a access door or vent at the down in the center console area that I could possibly jar the foreign object down into? I'm pretty sure if I move the vent around violently enough, it'll make its way all the way down the dash. Years ago I was told to turn the radio up when I ran into an issue like this, but I feel like even knowing theres an object there will make me want to remove it. Its extremely annoying. Any ideas?

If this isn't the problem after all, and anyone can present a better idea of where my rattling is coming from that proves to be true, $10 is yours. Its not much but seeing as you don't have to do much reasoning or work, all I need is for your suggestion to prove true.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mass04 said:
go to your local parts store and get a telescoping magnetic tool pickup. Then with your door open pull the fise panel cover off and then you can access that vent pipe.
Just tried that. My best guess now is that it is not a magnetic object. Theres also a chance this isn't the object making the noise, but when I hit the vent I can hear one.

I also tried a duct tape ball on a long wire to no avail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.