DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 ES, 3.5 Liter. My front left wheel is making a rattling noise when I go over certain bumps. I know it's not sway bar links, I had those replaced not too long ago. I had it checked out at Firestone, and they said that it is my tie rod end. They said it need to be greased, but Dodge's ball joints can't be greased. Firestone said they could put a new one on with a grease nipple and align it for $100 total, with labor. Is that a good price?
Also, one of the guys there told me that I have a weak or broken rear motor mount. He power braked it and shifted through the gears, and said he could feel a thump in the floorboard. Any suggestions? How much does this cost? I have an app. on Tues. at the Dodge Dealership for a diagnosis. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
that's one thing that gets to me....no grease fittings. I had to replace my sway bar links with the Moog "Problem Solver". Guess what the problem was.....no grease fittings. One would think that the engineers would think of this.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't anyone going to write me back????
How do you know if an engine mount is broken? And how much does it cost to get fixed??

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a 97 Intrepid 3.5 sport I just put icw 618s wheels on and goodyear aquatread 3's on it and know when I get to 30- 45 and higher speads my steering wheel shakes back and forth anyone know what I need to do to correct the poblem? Call me stopid but the tire pus does'nt know. Please help if you can. :mad:

·
Registered
530 Posts
maybe they over torqed the lugnuts and warped the rotors?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
TREPID 2XIST , sounds like one of the wheels is out of balance. take the car back.. complain. they shoulda done that right the first time. Eric. rattleing noises probably isn't an engine mount. engine mounts generally vibrate the car quite a bit along with the noise. it most likely is an inner or outer tie rod end, or a ball joint.(or whatever is on the bottom of the knuckle... my '96 needs 2 of them, but it can wait till summer)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lafrad--
I know that an engine mount wouldn't make the wheel rattle- The engine mount and the tie rod end were 2 totally different topics I posted about...I know that the rattling noise is my tie rod end. I also know that I have a broken motor mount or transmission mount.
I was wondering how much it would cost to get my motor mount/transmission mount replaced? If I floor it, and let off the gas, I can hear and feel a thump in the floorboard, so I know the mount is broken. Help please...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts