DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Kudos to you for that effort.

Even without a warranty, there is such a thing in the legal world as an "implied warranty of merchantability", which means that even if a product has no warranty per-se, it has to have some reasonable expectation of useability - IOW, can't fail 2 hours after it is installed. Proving it and collecting on it is another matter. And of course only worth going to court about if it's a relatively high dollar item.
I was reimbursed for the item and replaced it with another of the same. So far so good. All 4 working fine. But I will never purchase (Monroe Matic) again for anything else because of no warranty as shown now.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Posted in 2015 (so probably installed in 2014):

I just purchased the KYB set from rockauto based on that quote.
I was going to go with the Gabriel Ready Mount but looks like they're not available anymore.
Ditto!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
It's been, oh I dunno, three, four years since I replaced the garbage strut mounts that come with Quick Struts for a used set of OEM ones. No problems.

At some point I need to do this with the 2001. It came with Economatics installed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's been, oh I dunno, three, four years since I replaced the garbage strut mounts that come with Quick Struts for a used set of OEM ones. No problems.

At some point I need to do this with the 2001. It came with Economatics installed.
Maybe I should hang on to my 4 originals from Dodge sitting out in my scrap metal pile waiting to accumulate enough scrap metal to drop off to the Scrap Yard. What do you think? Maybe I can at least save the strut bearing on each one being they never made any noise. I wonder if the strut bearing from a original can replace a bad strut bearing on one of those Monroe Matics since that was all that went bad on the defective one that I still have here since apparently they didn't want me to ship it back at their expense.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As many know reading here I explained a month or 2 ago how I won my case through my Credit Card Company on the 1 month old Monroe Economatic Strut that showed a defective top bearing on the passenger side of my wife's 2000 Intrepid in less then 30 days. Many should remember how Rock would not make good on it and I filed a complaint with the BBB of Wisconsin and with my Credit Card Company and won my case. Well after about a month or so I went up to Rock Auto the other night to make a purchase of a case of filters for another car. The order went through smoothly but I got a email early Friday morning 12/22 from Rock telling me that I still owe them $80.14 for the defective strut they sent me according to their records. They left me a phone number to call them but the number could not get me to the person who left the number. I was told by the customer service person or order taker to just email him back which I did next. I have paperwork from my Credit Card company that reads Quote: We're pleased to tell you that your credit card dispute with ROCK AUTO has been resolved. The credit has been issued to you for the amount of $80.14. Apparently Rock Auto was not happy with the decision and doesn't want any of my business anymore. Its a shame I purchased probably over a thousand dollars of parts from them over the last few years. Never had a problem with them before this deal on the bad strut they would not make good on in a months time. Just wanted everyone to know they can not be trusted to stand by their products from how they treated me. There are plenty of places to buy Auto Parts out there. I surely am not going to pay for a defective strut they sent me with a bad bearing to square my account up with them in order to be able to purchase from them again. I won my dispute fair and square. The Credit Card Company felt they were wrong and ruled in my favor. Most company's stand by the products they sell. This would of never happened at Amazon and from what I read not too long ago Amazon is going to go heavy into the Automotive Parts business and I believe Karma is going to come back and bite Rock. I don't need them and I am not going to miss them for what they put me through in 2017.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Bringing this post back up to date.

Car has nearly 35k miles on the struts, and narry a knick knack noise.

Rear struts are starting to give out, but they were a cheaper no-name brand....and they have nearly 50k miles on them.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
I dumped my new set of 4 Monroe Quickstruts to a Craig's List buyer years ago. Hope his car didn't roll over and burst into a ball of fire! It's CL...no warranty expressed or implied. Do your homework when buying crap!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Sooo...what is a good strut cartridge to use since the factory ones are discontinued?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
No issues here with Gabriel.

After the Monroe fiasco I've had them on the car for some time now no issues.

·
Registered
176 Posts
No issues here with Gabriel.

After the Monroe fiasco I've had them on the car for some time now no issues.
Cool.

Now mopar has their "value line" that you can still get from them in replacement of the oem ones.
What are those? Are they the same in any way?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Cool.

Now mopar has their "value line" that you can still get from them in replacement of the oem ones.
What are those? Are they the same in any way?

They OEMS were Tokico. Not sure if they are making them still.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wrote to KYB...here is their reply.
My email basically expressed concern over the quick strut mount issues with our LH cars.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Interesting. I'm curious as to why they exclude the PHP? All struts mount the same to the knuckles and the towers on all models. Possibly it's the spring and strut damping rates they're worried about? A possible difference in ride height on the KYB vs PHP?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I read all 11 pages! Wow. Really sucks none of the pics work anymore. Stupid photobuck!
Well here is my storey. I purchased front struts off of Amazon back in Sept of 2016 from a place called detroit axle.

Long storey short the top of the strut mount broke and the piston was all down in the cartridge on the passenger side. The car felt a little squirrely and the steering wheel was not strait. No pop no warning. 2 miles from my house the car darted to the right unexpectedly and I slammed on the brakes and pulled it over. Paid $70 to have it towed home. I guess I could have driven it back but at the time I had no idea what was wrong.

Is this the same issue that you guys have had with the monro quick struts? This was certainly a wake up call on how dangerous this issue is. Glad I was not out of town.

From the whole read through I guess its either Gabrial or KYB or maybe the blue Monro. It just floors me that this issue was never resolved.

201 - 215 of 215 Posts