DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
This guy sells quite a few nav units. The only thing I don't like about his listings is they all say "removed because of upgrade to high end video system". Just say they're out of wrecked cars and they're bench tested. He's got great feedback as well, 99.2%.

·
Registered
537 Posts
can these plug into 1st gen or does mods need to be made. I have aftermarket deck but would consider gettin this in there.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Torontofirecaptain said:
Just go to these guys:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZparkjeep

Call them on the phone, they have been listing them at 699 with a "make best offer" for about two weeks. Bet you'd get it for 6 plus shipping. Brand new in the box with warranty. Can't go wrong.
Thats sweet. Did you see they also have an iPod integration kit for the RB1? I know Avenger was looking for a way to hook his iPod up to the RB1. This might be the answer!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm really looking into navigation because I have the orientation skills of a retarded fire ant. I currently have an aftermarket deck, so would I just need LOC's to send signals to my amps? What about one of those signal processors that have speaker inputs and amp outputs? Hmm...

Josiah

·
Banned
972 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
Thats sweet. Did you see they also have an iPod integration kit for the RB1? I know Avenger was looking for a way to hook his iPod up to the RB1. This might be the answer!

I just installed my RB1!! OMG this thing is awesome! I picked it up for $600 buy it now with the DVD and antenna, but not from the guy in that link. I've just been patiently waiting for one to show up for what I wanted to spend.
Anyways, I was looking at those Ipod integration kits, I definitely plan on getting one of those. I've just been looking around to see if that's the best price.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Well, I'd like one of those iPod integration units as well......something that shows the title and stuff on the RB1 (and works with the 6 disc changer). I'm not sure such a thing exists though. Let me know if you find something.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I do plan on purchasing one soon but am wondering, all the ebay listings for them say they will work on 2002- and up Intrepid, what bout the 98-01? It should still work right?

·
Registered
348 Posts
you will need the adapter kit for it in order to work for a 98-01 unless it already has the hookup in the back for the 98-01 cars.

Tom

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Avenger said:
Well, I'd like one of those iPod integration units as well......something that shows the title and stuff on the RB1 (and works with the 6 disc changer). I'm not sure such a thing exists though. Let me know if you find something.
Thats what I was talking about. I spotted it on that link to the gusy sellnig the RB1 and did some research. It is a kit that Mopar just released for integrating iPods with the factory radio. It works on only the new chrysler radios, but also works on the RB1. It gives you song info on the screen and you can control it with the steerign wheel controls. Additionally, from what I understand, it is different from the aftermarket options becasue it doesn't pretend to be a CD changer. When its connected, your radio sees it as a speerate device and therefore your CD changer is still useable. Check it out here. I might actually buy an RB1 now!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Gigamight said:
I just installed my RB1!! OMG this thing is awesome! I picked it up for $600 buy it now with the DVD and antenna, but not from the guy in that link. I've just been patiently waiting for one to show up for what I wanted to spend.
Anyways, I was looking at those Ipod integration kits, I definitely plan on getting one of those. I've just been looking around to see if that's the best price.
aw hell yeah im coming by to see it one of these days!!

·
Banned
972 Posts
mnitetrain said:
That Ipod unit (looks) like it will still allow cd changer and sirius as well as uconnect but it does show part #(RB1) limitations.
Somebody is going to need to do some research on this, because I'm not giving up my 6 changer. I'm not sure who to contact, the guy at the parts counter at the dealership isn't going to have the slightest idea. Maybe this seller would know, has anyone tried contacting him?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
If you look at the diagram below the description in that link I posted, it shows a rear seat entertainment/changer/uconnect being able to connect along with the iPod. like I said, I read on another site that it doesn't mimic the cd changer so it doesn't have to replace it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.