DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about getting the RB1. I understand it can also have satellite radio with the radio antenna kit which has to be installed.

i was wondering how the service is charged. Is it like a phone bill??? How can the unit be assigned to an account.

im sure some of our members in the states have sat radio, i just wanted to know some of the finer details with the service. I live in Ontario so im assuming sat radio can be purchased in Canada as well.

Thanks

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
There's no need to look to third parties for satellite packages. You simply go to the source, which is www.sirius.com and click on the appropriate links to find out pricing.

Basically, you can do a month to month deal for like $13/month plus applicable taxes or you can go for their other deals and pre-pay for a set amount of time for a discount. The best deal is like the lifetime subscription, I don't recall the price.

There's no contracts involved, just an activation fee. Basically, on your sat nav system or any satellite receiver, there is an ESN number that uniquely identifies your receiver, just give the satellite folks that number and you're set.

Easy as pie, no need to go to a retailer.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya ill see how the service is ..... once i get my rb1 that is LOL..... with new expenses like my dads deer accident my rb1 has been pushed back even more. A few of my friends sell those FTA units.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
OK, I just found out some info about this package. You need to buy the Sirius reciever: $162, a vehicle specific mounting kit: $144, and an optional title/artist cable: $30

For a total of $336USD from www.Moparsupercenter.com

PLUS the RB1 :p

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
The receiver and antenna is 1 part of the deal, then you need VEHICLE SPECIFIC install kit (with or w/o CD Changer) song and artist are displayed on RB1 except Grand Cherokee(???) which does need the song artis cable.

Canada now has both Howard channets. Streaming should start next week.

Basic package is (I think $12.95 mo /$0.43 day) discounts for advance payment , quaterly, 6mo, annual. Discount for on line activation. 2nd and subsequent receivers are $6.99 mo, (I'm running 3, mine RB1, and 2 Starmate P&P in wifey and daughter).

You can do a free 3 day trial (music only) at
www.sirius.com

check out the informtion boards at
www.siriusbackstage.com

Loving it no commercials on music talk stuff is another world.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have XM and not Sirius but I'm sure it's the same thing. If anyone plans to activate a Sirius subscription, activate it THROUGH THE U.S.

XM Canada and XM U.S. are very different. XM Canada is missing a good 40% of the channels you get in the U.S. Why the hell would anyone pay for a lesser service? Any Canadian can activate their receiver through the U.S. without problems. Just look around and see how to do it.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
.......plus with the US exchange the way it is right now, you're getting a better deal for $13US/month instead of the $15CDN/month it is here.

·
Registered
684 Posts
For XM, as far as I know the ESN is the same for either service. Anyways, you could always try and register the ESN. The worst they will say is you can't do it.

Plus, with the Sirius American service you can get the pay once lifetime subscription. It's the best deal out there. I don't think that's available on the Canadian service.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Not a RB1, but a Sirius reciever. I was planning on ordering from Jeff @ MoparSupercenter.com anyways.

.....now I'm starting to think I DO want a Canadian unit........so many NHL games on there!

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
Sirius has NHL< NBA, NFL, CFL, college and college bowls. Coming 07 NASCAR. Best thing might be a plug & play unit for now (Starmate, Visor) relatively cheap, and when you finally get RB1 sell it or give to wife, gf,bf, brother or something.

You can pick up a RB1 off ebay for between 600-800 vs 1600 at dealer. Plug & play for all LH, 01 and older do need adapter harness but still plug and play. Just follow good ebay practice and check out feedback. Some dealers are much better than others, and I would say to try to avoid a dealer that is trying to corner tthe MOPAR/RB1 market.

Gotta be far and mention XM has MLB and Oprah!!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
mnitetrain said:
Being that you are in Miss, Ont might behoove you to PM Ross, (torontofirecaptain) and let him know you are in the market he can save you some real money.
Heh, I'm obviously not quite all here today.....that's a great idea! PM sent to TFC! :D

·
Woober Goobers!
51,840 Posts
Sorry to hijack..but does anyone have the part # for the artist/song cable for the RB1 to Sat cable?

And this is post 1500 for me..a milestone!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Apparently you don't need it for our cars, just for the Grand Cherokee's.

.....I'm gonna have 10,000 posts for Carlisle :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.