DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....I've been hearing a lot about the RB-1, but the Pioneer AVIC looks really attractive. I've been thinking about making one of these my next big mod. Your thoughts....your votes!! :explosion

·
Registered
467 Posts
RB1...negotiating for one right now

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
RB1 connects with the factory CD changer, and SHOULD be cheaper than the AVIC. I think if you're considering the AVIC, you should ONLY consider the N2.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
That Eclipse looks AWESOME!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Avenger said:
RB1 connects with the factory CD changer, and SHOULD be cheaper than the AVIC. I think if you're considering the AVIC, you should ONLY consider the N2.
Why ONLY the avic n2?? Whats the difference in features?

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you are going for a clean, OEM look in your car, get the RB1.

If you want the bigger screen, more features, have a LOT more money to spend and don't mind a big ugly screen sticking out of your dash then get the AVIC N2.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
The N2 is a huge step up from the N1

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree....the rb-1 does have a cleaner install, but the AVIC has more options!

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Morphy said:
If you are going for a clean, OEM look in your car, get the RB1.

If you want the bigger screen, more features, have a LOT more money to spend and don't mind a big ugly screen sticking out of your dash then get the AVIC N2.
I was just about to post the exact same. There's my vote. ;)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
AVIC plays DVD's, Navigation,TV,Back-up Camera,MP3,CD,AM/FM
RB1= Navigation,CD,AM/FM

I think I'd go with AVIC

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Avenger said:
The N2 is a huge step up from the N1

I also heard a while back that Pioneer has an internal sensor on the N2 that prevents you from being able to watch the DVD screen while the car is in motion.

Huge non-selling point if this still holds true. Last I heard about this was last year... they may have came out with a crack for it by now.

The N1 didn't have this restriction and is easily beatable.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
u cant crack it its not like a computer per to say but you can however bypass that safety feature. its all about the wiring :OP most installers will not do it however they will tell you how to bypass it if you ask them nicely? and or course maybe it will cost you a beer or two

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Code2medic said:
u cant crack it its not like a computer per to say but you can however bypass that safety feature. its all about the wiring :OP most installers will not do it however they will tell you how to bypass it if you ask them nicely? and or course maybe it will cost you a beer or two
Actually, on the N2, there is a piece of tape on the bottom, that covers a piece of the circuit. you need to remove that piece and drop a little solder in there to connect them together..I have never done it, but a good friend of mine that had the N2 did it, and he said it works like a charm!
Andrei

PS...I would(and did) go with the RB1...just looks so much more classy, and it does not look out of place...my .02!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts