DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know in US these are all over the place but here in my nowhere country its the only CD changer I got to be factory Chrysler ,fit in the dash hole and look OEM. The question is can I make it to work with my RB3 /RB4 would be US version? The guy I ordered it from sent me those photos with the connectors and everything but the problem is I don't know where all the wires go lol ...I know where the 10 pin one goes in the RB3 but the rest I have no idea. Will this even work or its a waste of money? Can I use it as an AUX input? Again I have nowhere to buy AUX interface for these cars ,heck even in US are somewhat rare or they don't ship in Europistan.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Oh and for some reason I can't find any info about this CD changer/dvd. What type of media will it play? Can it play mp3 from a DVD? That would be great since few DVD can store lots of MP3...is there a manual guide or something for this in pdf format or I have to order $3 manuals from US and pay $100+ in shipping and made up taxes lol

Attachments

·
Woober Goobers!
51,950 Posts
That DVD changer was never available for LH cars. It was primarily found in later year Minivans and Pacificas, etc. The changer was used with Video Entertainment systems in those vehicles. The LH cars only had CD changers in 4 or 6 disc versions as options.

One cable obviously connects the RB3 to the DVD changer. The other connectors are for the VES Video Entertainment System video screens and possible Satellite Radio tuner and uConnect systems.

You'll need to do some digging in the archives on here as a few people did successfully use them.

Reactions: amtct

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That DVD changer was never available for LH cars. It was primarily found in later year Minivans and Pacificas, etc. The changer was used with Video Entertainment systems in those vehicles. The LH cars only had CD changers in 4 or 6 disc versions as options.

One cable obviously connects the RB3 to the DVD changer. The other connectors are for the VES Video Entertainment System video screens and possible Satellite Radio tuner and uConnect systems.

You'll need to do some digging in the archives on here as a few people did successfully use them.

I don't want the video part ,I just want the CD changer side to work like my old 4 CD changer I got with my 300M. I don't use that because I don't have an adapter (again not available around these parts).I thought to get this because it has the connecting cable and I was hoping the CD changer aspect is plug and play....a bonus would be to get the audio ports to work so I can install an AUX jack . What I don't get what are the extra 2 cables in the main harness that goes in the Radio (my case RB3)....has the 10 pin connector and another 2 sets of wires with 2 connectors.

Oh and I know its not factory but it fits great in the dash and looks OEM. I thought about it as an upgrade. I don't know if the RB3 /RB4 were options for these cars ,but they also fit and look OEM. I could go with something modern but I prefer rare cool stuff from US not chinese android units.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,950 Posts
There are stock 6 disc CD changers that came in the LH cars. I had one in my Special. It's sitting on a shelf inside now unused.

Does that DVD changer have the same 10 pin connector on the back as your 4 disc CD changer did?

·
Woober Goobers!
51,950 Posts
It's possible that the 10 pin connector that's in that DVD changer harness will connect to your current radio and control the changer along with it's audio. You'd have to have the unit in hand and try it. The rest of the connections would be worthless to you for the video etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are stock 6 disc CD changers that came in the LH cars. I had one in my Special. It's sitting on a shelf inside now unused.

Does that DVD changer have the same 10 pin connector on the back as your 4 disc CD changer did?

Yes I know about the 6CD changer ,was hoping this one is going to have the AUX input so I can connect the damn phone via a Chrysler product (not that I can find an aux interface anywhere that will ship outside US ...heck even the chinese stopped selling them lol ).

On the back of the old 4 cd changer is the normal 8 pin connector that goes to the round connector . The RB3 has the modern 10 pin connector. Only problem is to figure out if this DVD /CD changer gets power from the radio the same way like the old cd changer . Was hoping there is a guide somewhere but google I think made this crap secret because there are no guides even thou there are lots of people with them in 300M's and Intrepids.... this is like an area 51 kind of secret lol

I'd install it (it arrived today ) but im afraid the connector that goes and fits in the RB3 is not wired correctly for the RB3 or maybe it gets power from somewhere else....and if that's the case it means I have to butcher something to pull power for this.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,950 Posts
I don't have any more info on it. Good luck.

Like I said dig through the archives on here and there might be something. I seem to remember a power source was needed and possibly some wiring pin to pin conversion to get the aux input but I can't guarantee that. Do your research

·
Dain bramaged
7,345 Posts
I have this changer I pulled from a junkyard and tested it with my RB1. The cable that connects to the radio should be ok to test with, There are wires in it that you'll need to hook to 12v constant and ground to power the changer. They've probably been clipped so you'll have to dig a bit to find them. I'll see if I can find my wires and take a pic.

Tested this real quick, I have only the changer control cable. Works fine to play CD's and control the changer. Aux works but you have to have the device plugged in and playing music before you can select it. At least I think it works as I don't have speakers hooked up but the Screen indicated the Auxiliary ON.

Pinouts on the Changer https://www.chryslerminivan.net/attachments/dvd-player-wiring-jpg.13977/

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have this changer I pulled from a junkyard and tested it with my RB1. The cable that connects to the radio should be ok to test with, There are wires in it that you'll need to hook to 12v constant and ground to power the changer. They've probably been clipped so you'll have to dig a bit to find them. I'll see if I can find my wires and take a pic.

Tested this real quick, I have only the changer control cable. Works fine to play CD's and control the changer. Aux works but you have to have the device plugged in and playing music before you can select it. At least I think it works as I don't have speakers hooked up but the Screen indicated the Auxiliary ON.

Pinouts on the Changer https://www.chryslerminivan.net/attachments/dvd-player-wiring-jpg.13977/

Yes I installed it and it doesn't work without power. I thought it would get power through the 10 pin connector but its not ,so its not like my old 4 cd changer. Anyway ,I got power from the radio pink wire ,even made a connector so the whole thing looks clean and factory. Works great ,aux works amazing (rca to jack cable)...I can't believe this thing works so nice.

Two things I have to solve now:
1. How to install it in the dash (i guess I have to cut the supports or something ,I want to make everything look stock and minimum butchery )
2. How to get a DVD with MP3s to play. I think I have to make video dvds without video so I can store a ton of music.....need a tutorial on this .

·
Dain bramaged
7,345 Posts

I can save you a headache on the 2nd one. It will never work. No Chrysler radio of this era had the ability to do anything with MP3's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

I can save you a headache on the 2nd one. It will never work. No Chrysler radio of this era had the ability to do anything with MP3's.
Man I love your setup. There are no RB1's in Europe ,american stuff is just so damn cool. Love the fact you have the same exact aux wires lol ....I found a set for 50euros ...guy there told me the difference between my 5euro wires and 50 is in quality ....maybe I'm missing something .How you installed it in the car? I hate that I have to cut either the dash or the dvd changer...

I know how to get it to play music from DVD's ,it won't play mp3's but a normal audio CD can hold like 15 songs . A dvd can hold alot more if somehow I figure out how to put those songs in a video dvd without video....create some blank videos that go over each song . It won't be mp3 ,I think it should play vob files or something ....Thought somebody thought about this already.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use to have the RB1 in my Jeep, but I've since replaced it with an aftermarket Alpine. These just sit in my parts pile.
Your parts pile sure beats mine. I got a parts 300M but most of the crap I need was bad on that too ,even thou that car had 70,000 miles. For some reason weatherstripping or window trim (be it black or chrome) is impossible to find anywhere ,not even ebay. I will never understand how a band of weatherstripping with metal inside it can get shorter ...where the heck the metal goes. Mine got shorter like 3 inches...I'm at a point looking to buy another car just for weatherstripping lol

·
Dain bramaged
7,345 Posts
Oh boy.. Update..

If your DVD 6disc has a part number ending in AC (confirmed) or AD. You can burn MP3's to a cdr the changer WILL play the MP3 files. I have confirmed this to work on the AC unit I have, I have not tried it in the AA unit yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Oh boy.. Update..

If your DVD 6disc has a part number ending in AC (confirmed) or AE. You can burn MP3's to a cdr the changer WILL play the MP3 files. I have confirmed this to work on the AC unit I have, I have not tried it in the AA unit yet.
Holy crap I gotta go out and buy more CD's even thou mine is AA . Should I get CD+R or -R? Is that even important? Man that's over 100 songs per cd....
Font Gas Signage Handwriting Art

Is there a secret on how to write them or I can just throw them in without folders or anything.

·
Dain bramaged
7,345 Posts
I tested with a cd-r and just threw all the mp3s in the root folder. I used win10 and wrote it as a "data" cd option.
My power supply crapped out before I could test my AA unit so I can't say if it works with those but if you've got a disc sitting around can't hurt to try.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tested with a cd-r and just threw all the mp3s in the root folder. I used win10 and wrote it as a "data" cd option.
My power supply crapped out before I could test my AA unit so I can't say if it works with those but if you've got a disc sitting around can't hurt to try.
lol its sunday and somehow I can't find CD's for sale around the damn city...its like looking for cassette tapes .I had no idea they are going extinct . Still 700mb or whatever a cd has (can't remember ) should be enough for a ton of music. Multiply that by 6 and makes the itunes useless.

·
Dain bramaged
7,345 Posts
lol its sunday and somehow I can't find CD's for sale around the damn city...its like looking for cassette tapes .I had no idea they are going extinct . Still 700mb or whatever a cd has (can't remember ) should be enough for a ton of music. Multiply that by 6 and makes the itunes useless.
A little more info on the MP3 capable ones. Seems like you might be out of luck, the mp3 capable one is seems very specific.

Bottom line on mp3 Capable pci bus dvd changers players
The two models that will play mp3 cd if version AC or AD are
P05094033 this is the oval face minivan version
And
P05094031 this is rhomboid face Pacifica one (face plates cam interchange to oval one

Versions AA and AB will not play mp3 cd but AC and AD will

There are very similar looking dvd changers whose part numbers start with P0468 none of the versions of this changer can play mp3 cd

1 - 18 of 18 Posts