DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dain bramaged
7,339 Posts
I have this changer I pulled from a junkyard and tested it with my RB1. The cable that connects to the radio should be ok to test with, There are wires in it that you'll need to hook to 12v constant and ground to power the changer. They've probably been clipped so you'll have to dig a bit to find them. I'll see if I can find my wires and take a pic.

Tested this real quick, I have only the changer control cable. Works fine to play CD's and control the changer. Aux works but you have to have the device plugged in and playing music before you can select it. At least I think it works as I don't have speakers hooked up but the Screen indicated the Auxiliary ON.

Pinouts on the Changer https://www.chryslerminivan.net/attachments/dvd-player-wiring-jpg.13977/

·
Dain bramaged
7,339 Posts

I can save you a headache on the 2nd one. It will never work. No Chrysler radio of this era had the ability to do anything with MP3's.

·
Dain bramaged
7,339 Posts
I use to have the RB1 in my Jeep, but I've since replaced it with an aftermarket Alpine. These just sit in my parts pile.

·
Dain bramaged
7,339 Posts
Oh boy.. Update..

If your DVD 6disc has a part number ending in AC (confirmed) or AD. You can burn MP3's to a cdr the changer WILL play the MP3 files. I have confirmed this to work on the AC unit I have, I have not tried it in the AA unit yet.

·
Dain bramaged
7,339 Posts
I tested with a cd-r and just threw all the mp3s in the root folder. I used win10 and wrote it as a "data" cd option.
My power supply crapped out before I could test my AA unit so I can't say if it works with those but if you've got a disc sitting around can't hurt to try.

·
Dain bramaged
7,339 Posts
lol its sunday and somehow I can't find CD's for sale around the damn city...its like looking for cassette tapes .I had no idea they are going extinct . Still 700mb or whatever a cd has (can't remember ) should be enough for a ton of music. Multiply that by 6 and makes the itunes useless.
A little more info on the MP3 capable ones. Seems like you might be out of luck, the mp3 capable one is seems very specific.

Bottom line on mp3 Capable pci bus dvd changers players
The two models that will play mp3 cd if version AC or AD are
P05094033 this is the oval face minivan version
And
P05094031 this is rhomboid face Pacifica one (face plates cam interchange to oval one

Versions AA and AB will not play mp3 cd but AC and AD will

There are very similar looking dvd changers whose part numbers start with P0468 none of the versions of this changer can play mp3 cd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts