DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey alls...

Well it's been a while since I've been on here, I just posted in Buy and Sell and noticed that some of my old pals are still here and to avoid getting off topic in my sale thread, thought I'd post here.

Well.. I still have my treppy.... she is now 15 years old (1993 model) and as good as ever.

For her birthday last year I bought her a 1998 Platinum Dodge Neon. And before that 3.5 years ago I bought her a garage (oh yeah, with a house too). Now she is pretty much retired and sits in my garage alot with 2 other vehicles (my friend works on his cars here). I wouldn't want her to get dirty LOL.

For the curious, the car has about 143,000 KMs (about 87,000 miles or so). Still runs great, has been in to see the dealership about hard starting which they never found the cause of, but she did get new wires and plugs as a result. I guess it was about time for that.

Let's see what have I been up to....

Sadly I have not done any work to the car this year nor will I be attending Carlisle, since my life has gone to the dogs (literally). I have been involved in dog rescue for the past couple years and got in a little over my head in the past while. After I find homes for the rescues I have now, I plan on taking a hiatus from that, so expect to see more of me around here and I hope to be back to attending meets and car shows like before :)

Obviously I haven't been around seeing as how BIMMER has a new addition to his family and I didn't even realize it. CONGRATS.

And Avenger, I didn't call you back because my phone doesn't have long distance and I'm a lazy pile and didn't buy a phone card. So there ;)

For those I don't know, nice to meet you :)

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Where abouts in ontario are you?? I plan on maybe arranging a road trip back down to my hometown of Bradford, and will probably end up in toronto for most of the trip lol, let me know!!

By the way, don't know ya, but welcome back!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
@Veeb... *punch* lol

@E1, thanks!

@32Intrepid, hey, I remember your car from Carlisle last year. Right? I like it.

@Tiger, who could forget your car. I remember! All this remembering is making my brain hurt. I'll probably be around more after the summer.

@cokey, thanks and LOL... yeah... Rob and I have carpooled to Carlisle before. I'm really sad that I'll have to miss this year. In spite of the fact that he's Rob (hee hee), he does have a great car. Was it your car I read about that was sick in the shop? If so hope she gets better soon.

@DJ... Southwestern Ontario, Sarnia specifically.

@Phil, I was on here for some reason a few months back and happened to read the thread where you sold your car. I remember you from the board but never saw the car in person, but still, that was like the saddest thread ever. It seems alot of people on here loved that car so she got a fitting tribute. Hope she has a wonderful new owner.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
MeanGreen;1282799Was it your car I read about that was sick in the shop? If so hope she gets better soon. @DJ... Southwestern Ontario said:
Yeah she was a little under the weather, but is back in full force now!

You're only about 30 or 40 mins from me, hope to see you at one or two of our mini-meets ( seem to be every couple weeks lately ) this summer. Rob tells me your Trep is spotless, would love to see it sometime.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cokey, a mini-meet I could probably do. Where are they usually?

Thanks BowTie!

Spike, I love the green too. It's called Emerald Green Metallic Pearlcoat and was only available in the 93 and 94 models. In 1995 the green changed to Spruce.
And they are indeed motorsports edition wheels. :) I had originally been planning on some chrome aftermarket wheels but those came up and I had to. Had em a few years now and I get comments all the time, as you probably already know. ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Your car still makes me want my green 1st gen back.
Welcome back , it's funny I just was reading thru and realized haven't seen you and that killer 'trep in awhile. Maybe you could set-up as a "vendor" at Carlisle and bring pet awareness to the masses of central PA !!! How about an adopt a Mopar pup event !!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Spike, I love the green too. It's called Emerald Green Metallic Pearlcoat and was only available in the 93 and 94 models. In 1995 the green changed to Spruce.
And they are indeed motorsports edition wheels. :) I had originally been planning on some chrome aftermarket wheels but those came up and I had to. Had em a few years now and I get comments all the time, as you probably already know. ;)

Yeah there's something about that black hole black right on that brushed alluminum that (when polished) can't seem to go un noticed...
I like it man,
too bad i'm way south of ya...
maybe calls for a road trip!

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Welcome back to the site! Any more current pics of the ride? God I love the front without plates it looks so dang clean!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
@Phil, I was on here for some reason a few months back and happened to read the thread where you sold your car. I remember you from the board but never saw the car in person, but still, that was like the saddest thread ever. It seems alot of people on here loved that car so she got a fitting tribute. Hope she has a wonderful new owner.

Well, my wife saw the new owner fueling up at the gas station and she said he kinda looked like me. I only hope he appreciates my hard work. I am pretty sure he did, to pay what the dealer was asking. Hopefully I will see him one day and flag him down, and buy her back.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Angela...
Nice to hear from you....
Sorry we are going to miss you at Carlisle this year.
If there is anything you need, please let us know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts