DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready for winter with my Strat. I installed my winter tires and i bought a remote starter! :fun_08:

Snow, i'm waiting for you.

And you, are you ready?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Putting a remote starter in on Friday and winter tire swap next week.....

Bring it on

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Yeah - I'm ready. I just put on Ultra-High Performance Kumho summer tires! :D The plan is to JUST SAY NO to driving when it snows! :D

·
Registered
684 Posts
Eh, should have said:

Getting a remote starter put in on Friday. I would have no idea how to do this myself. I'm getting an awesome deal for a very good starter, 2 remotes and all the options. $200 CDN installed.

·
Registered
865 Posts
about remote starters:

-does the key need to be in the ignition?

-if you start the car by remote without a key can you drive around without the key?

-is there any security risk, e.g. someone stealing your car by some kind of devices that can exploit the remote starting feature?

I dont think it can be impossibly hard, i've seen the wiring harness of one and its not too complicated looking but I have never installed one myself.

where are you getting it installed?

---

it would be pretty cool to be able to start the car while walking towards it during the course of daily life as well :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
no key must be in ignistion to use remote start. the car will shut off if taken out of park. you must put the key in to move the car.

·
Registered
865 Posts
thats good to know

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Oh I'm ready, My R/T is stored until April-May, I will drive a 1995 Dodge Neon this winter. Just need to install a remote starter (that I already had from before) and installed winter tires that came with the car.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
my winter rims/tires are still sitting in my basement, I took all the weights off to paint them and need to get them balanced again

my car is on it's 2nd remote start, it came with a dealer installed one which was crap so I pulled it out last year and replaced with a DEI unit

I have remote starts in my car and my wife's truck, we both love them and couldn't imagine having a car without them

·
Registered
684 Posts
Getting it installed at a local dealer here in Ottawa

·
Registered
795 Posts
What happens if you have Senetry Key (chip in the key)? I was told you can't bypass it very easily and would cost way more to get a command start. Is this true?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts