DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to see if anyone would be interested if i made some more of these. These are real 1/8" thick carbon fiber, no decal/sticker BS. They would not have the 3 1/2" cutouts for the lights obviously. Mine is held on using the (4) license plate bolts and then i have (4) rivets on the outside edge to make it match the curvature of the bumper cover. It will take me a little bit to get them made, but i was thinking $20/each shipped. I'll add a closer pic if it ever stops raining in this state.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'd take one if it just covered over the license plate and not hang over the edges like yours. No offense, but I think it would look better a little smaller, maybe just to the edge of the plate. Could you make one that could go between the plate and a license plate frame? Now that would be cool.

Josiah

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
JLWX5 said:
I'd take one if it just covered over the license plate and not hang over the edges like yours.
Yeah, I'd be interested in one that just framed the plate.

RCE2WIN, I was in your neck of the woods yesterday (Southfield). Got just pelted with hail on the way home. Still raining here too... :icon_cry:

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I wonder how CF would look against my Inferno Red ?

I have always wanted to put some backup lights in those spots, I just didn't have enough guts to do it for fear of it looking crappy. How well do they light up the area to the rear ?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
I wonder how CF would look against my Inferno Red ?
I've held some real CF parts up against mine and it looks great against the Inferno. Brilliant contrast.

What I'd really like is CF vent visors...

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll get some closer shots tonight when i get home.
As for lighting up, these used to be my fog/driving lights on my 1st gen. I don't have any reason to hit anything behind me in the dark, that's for sure.
I'll think about making some different versions...just that i have the template done for my version.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
so if I were to get these, and not want to do the rivets on the outer edges like you, would it look dumb? like would the edges stick out?

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Badasstrep said:
so if I were to get these, and not want to do the rivets on the outer edges like you, would it look dumb? like would the edges stick out?
Get spome quality 3m double sided tape and I think you'd be fine...

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
dude... im totally interested!!!

however i would also like to see close up pictures, as i like the way it looks from far away but im curious how one looks close up... im also interested in exactly how it mounts, because i wouldnt rivet it to my bumper myself... though 3m dobule sided tape would work too

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
RCE2WIN said:
They would not have the 3 1/2" cutouts for the lights obviously.
:kodomagna

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
sweeet man
woo, im totally up for it!
one question though, it looks like the panel goes under the plate, so therefore can i still put a plate frame on my plate???
i just think itd look sweet, silver car, carbon fiber panel, billet plate frame against the carbon fiber
i love the uniqueness of it as well

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The panel does go under the plate and will work with a frame. I cut (4) holes where the license plate bolts go, but the holes are big enough that the panel sits flush to the bumper cover. The license plate mounts(the square extrusions that the bolts thread into) are set off the bumper cover and actually works well b/c the license plate is the major mounting point.
Alright, anyone who wants one send me $20(money order will get you them fastest) and i'll get to work when i get the money. Will make them on an as-need basis b/c i don't want to waste any CF on something that won't sell. I obviously have some other ideas for custom pieces. May offer those later, after i demo them on my car.
I will work on a frame-type one as well, get a pic up when i have it done. Anyone be interested in a "dodgeintrepid.net" custom CF frame? I have some connections to a vinyl shop and might look into getting some made up, apply them to the frame, and clearcoat over the vinyl.
Send money orders to:
John Tyrrell
c/o FAAC Inc.
1229 Oak Valley Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108

And of course, i'll keep an eye on the thread b/c i KNOW there will be more questions.
Thanks, JT

1 - 20 of 62 Posts