DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok its been a while since i last started a thread but i think this one is good. now if someone else has allready done this please klaim it now. i went to the junk yard yesterday, kinda cold, and i seen a 2gen trep all mangled up and ****, well one of the doors was bent inwards and that little trim on our doors, well it was bent of at the ends

me being the curious cat desides to peel it of(it was wrecked who cares) so i get to peeling and walla the WHOLE strip came off. if u look at a pic of a trepids doors, u can see this little strip and it kinda sucks having it their, well it has absolutly nooo holes under it, its stuck on by some asheasive stuff, like the badges.
HAPPY DEBADGING YA'LL

ALi

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
yeah, alot of us have already taken the door moulding off, gives the car a sweet clean look to it. Thanks again for that info just in case some of the newer guys might be wondering about that.:cool:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
man i thought i had some heavy duty news here man, well i thought i did, i did a search and found nothing on the subject. oh well

ALi

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
If you're talking about the vertical black strips on the doors at the "B" pillar, could you post pix? I'm curious as to what it looks like bare. Thanx!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In2Deep said:
He's talking about the molding that runs horizontally along the doors...protector molding...
BINGO, and i dun know how to do any pics on threads sorry

ALi

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I never noticed that, looks ALOT better without it I think. looks easy is it? And is there a certin soemthing to buy to get glu off? and make it look nice and clean? I tried Alcohol but it dind't work to well for me.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Dodge_Intrepid_Teen said:
I never noticed that, looks ALOT better without it I think. looks easy is it? And is there a certin soemthing to buy to get glu off? and make it look nice and clean? I tried Alcohol but it dind't work to well for me.

Get a hair dryer and use it on the door molding. I started to take them off ,but I had to do other things and forgot about it. To get the glue off I used goo-gone ,but it didn't work too well for me. I ended up using OPPS! and some elbow grease and it came off no problem.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Does anyone who drives a red 'trep have their door molding laying around? I need one, because I hit a sign and ripped the old one off, and they're $55 (absurd) from the dealer.

I REALLY wanted to do this debadging, but like I said, it's not doable now that I ripped the **** out of my door.

·
Registered
175 Posts
In2Deep said:
He's talking about the molding that runs horizontally along the doors...protector molding...
It sure did protect my door. I accidently rubbed the 'Trep up against a concrete pillar in a downtown parking garage and it left a little gash on that molding. Is there anyway i can buff that out? Its not very long..only a few inches if that. Or do i have to replace the entire strip? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol now we have a problem, TO DEBOLD OR NOT TO DEBOLD? what to do lets look at the pros and cons

pros for removing- 1.) looks reral sweet and smooth
2.) i dunno what else

cons for removing- 1.) WATCH OUT FOR THAT SHOPING CART
2.) keeps dents from happening, like opening the car door on a poll
3.) keeps ofther car doors from yours :)

i guess thats a no for doing it

ALi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts