DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 3.5 liter

AutoZone Directions

Anyone ever replace a speed sensor on the rear wheel of a First Generation LH sedan? My mechanic said his Mitchell manual required seat removal. So does AutoZone's online how-to.

Anyone done this before? My right rear speed sensor is shot and I don't know about removing all this stuff

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yep, you will have to remove the rear seat back to get to the connectors. The wire is then run through a grommet to the outside and through two grommet holder type things behind the rear wheel. The hardest part will be to get the sensor out of the metal backing plate. I had fits getting it out without breaking it when I replaced my backing plate.

Do you have four wheel disc? I am assuming since you have a LXi that it is. I have some pics of the sensor (from my repair) if you haven't already torn into it yet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 4-wheel disc brakes and haven't torn into it yet. How hard is this? How long did it take you?

·
Registered
530 Posts
does anyone know what the rear parking brake looks like if you have rear disk brakes?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
JoggingGuy said:
Damn, that's some seriously rusted hardware and metal :eek: :eek:
You think thats bad, you should have saw what come off of my car... Those (pictured) are from the junkyard because the dealer wanted almost $90 a piece. Cost me $10 at the junkyard!!!!!

That's what you get here in Ohio. My car has a bunch of rust underneath. Especially under all four doors. My drivers rear door is the worst, the seam is starting to flake off.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
bat078 said:
does anyone know what the rear parking brake looks like if you have rear disk brakes?
You're looking at it!!! The disc has an inner drum for the parking brake shoes.
Drum brakes use the regular braking shoes for the parking brake.

Here are some pics of my rear brake going back together...

·
Registered
530 Posts
I gotta do my pads and wanted to know what I was in for. I did the front but didn't know how the rear was set up. hopefully I will not have to mess with the emergency brake stuff.thanks.

Reactions: 94_Concorde
1 - 10 of 10 Posts