DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, 93 Intrepid base 3.3L. Rear discs with the drum e-brake or whatever it is. When I'm backing out of a driveway, my rear brakes squeal EXTREMELY loud. I have never heard brakes squeal this bad in my entire life, not even on trucks. But going down the road, I can stop aggressively and no noise. It does not pull and acceleration is good. E-brake works. I took off the wheels and the rotors are slightly glazed (will get some brake cleaner and do that up next week sometime) but nothing else. I don't see any deep pits. I ran my fingernail from center out and did not feel anything. My pads still have plenty of material left and have worn evenly. Any ideas?

Also, what are the Bendix CT-3 pad model numbers for front and rear for my car?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
You only get the noise when backing up? Nothing going forward? Also, is it only when you first get into your car and back up? Next time you are out and about, drive to your destination (longer than just down the block) and when you get there, back up the car and see if the squeal is still there.

Front CT-3 pads --> D591CT
Rear CT-3 pads --> not yet available...if I remember, I will check to see if and when they will become available

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to be when I first get in the car, yes. And yes, I only hear it in reverse. My dad told me it's probably just condensation in the brake. He was a mechanic for many years but he injured himself so he's disabled now. Anyway, I took him out for a spin and he was pretty damn surprised about how loud it is. If I crank my stereo (see sig) to max, I can still easily hear the brakes over it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts