DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, since I've been driving the kids to school now, (so my radio isn't as loud) I can hear the constant whine sound coming from the rear end, not real loud, but annoying kinda. Does anybody else hear it too in theirs... is this just normal? I have a 2000 trep w/ 35,000 miles.

·
Registered
504 Posts
No, but I do hear a clicking/popping sound when I first turn it on.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
maybe a wheel bearing? it would still be under warrenty... get it looked at for free, while you can

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
brakes maybe?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Could possibly be tires starting to cup. Don't know what kind, size, mileage, but some are more prone to that then others. Only way to prevent this is rotating them more often. But I see you have American racing rims so you probably did not buy cheap tires to go with them.The tires aren't rubbing with the added load in the back are they? (If you went larger) So I would go with wheel bearing then.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My 99 ES was very noticable, my 01 I don't hear it. I always had it in my mind that it was the fuel pump, but I'm not even sure the fuel pump is in the back. It was a constant mechanical sound though. Bugged me forever, so I just turned the sound up!

Champcar39

·
Registered
328 Posts
Champcar39 probably has it right, Fuel pump. If its a steady noise, thats what it would be. A low moan/whirr.
Fuel pump runs at a stead speed regardless of the speed of the car.
You may have a noisy one, take it in hand have it checked.
Or just start the car and listen just behind the rear door under the car. If it makes the noise when your not moving,Fuel Pump

1 - 8 of 8 Posts