DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
What part is broken?

The link itself?
The Mount Point?
The Bolt holding the Link to the Mount?

Is it the Adjustable one or the Non-Adjustable one?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like the link itself is broken. I believe it is the non-adjustable one but I'll check again to make sure. Manual shows the non-adjustable ones bolt to the rear side of the cross member.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
That was for the Adjustable one.

Look on RockAuto under Suspension/Control arm. They have several brands from $14 on up. The non-adjustable one is Mopar 4582548 but might be tough to find. The Adjustable one can be used in either position with the bonus of being able to adjust Camber on that wheel besides the Toe.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is adjustable, I just went out and checked.

Here is the broken side (kinda of blurry but you can clearly see the huge gap in the link):
https://i.imgur.com/uQOUMUJ.jpg

Other side for reference, you can see it is still connected:
https://i.imgur.com/H2va3OE.jpg

The manual pics are pretty confusing. It shows the adjustable ones on the front, where mine are on the rear. It also says the "right side" links require the cross member to be lowered so the bolt clears the fuel tank. I assume that's the passenger side, which is where my busted one is.

I'll check rockauto again, they must label the parts different.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
I only saw the RockAuto ones after doing a search for the Mopar part number.

Again....look under category Suspension/Control Arm. They're in there.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
I figure this one is correct:
MOOG K7318
$21 shipped
Appears to be an Adjustable Link. Wholesaler closeout. I'd buy 2 of them if you can afford it.

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
Yes - the parts manuals show the unadjustable one to the rear, but every one I’ve ever seen has the adjustable one on the rear.

And yes - the passenger side has the bolt head towards the fuel tank, so yes - the crossmember needs to be dropped to get that bolt out. I’ve always wondered why they did that. Whenever I have removed that bolt, I always put it back the other way so that if it ever has to come out again, the cross member doesn’t have to be lowered.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes - the manual shows the unadjustable one to the rear, but every one I’ve ever seen has the adjustable one on the rear.

And yes - the passenger side has the bolt head towards the fuel tank, so yes - the crossmember needs to be dropped to get that bolt out. I’ve always wondered why they did that. Whenever I have removed that bolt, I always put it back the other way so that if it ever has to come out again, the cross member doesn’t have to be lowered.
lol good to know. Part should be here Thursday according to FedEx.

Going to put some penetrating fluid on the bolts in the meantime. I also wonder if there might be enough clearance to barely get the link off without having to drop the cross member since I'm only removing the rear link. That'd be nice, but won't count on it.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
Clean Break!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
Is it fixed yet? LOL!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
What was the story with the Stabilizer Bar End Link? Was that broken also?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts