·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
In the last pic you can see it snapped right off and is just dangling there lol

·
Woober Goobers!
50,149 Posts
Even the Premium Moog Rear Link is under $10 on RockAuto. Have you ordered one yet?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Even the Premium Moog Rear Link is under $10 on RockAuto. Have you ordered one yet?
Not yet. Going to get two of them and another lateral link.

Could you theoretically also use the adjustable lateral links in place of the non-adjustable ones?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,149 Posts
Not yet. Going to get two of them and another lateral link.

Could you theoretically also use the adjustable lateral links in place of the non-adjustable ones?
Yes you can use the Adjustable Lateral Link in both positions. It gives you the benefit of being able to adjust Camber on the rear wheels. With the OEM setup you can only adjust Toe.

Reactions: peva

·
Premium Member
16,763 Posts
Once you put the second lateral link on, whenever you take it in for alignment, you need to be sure to have them tell the technician that you added the 2nd adjustable link on that side - otherwise they’ll just go by the book which will tell him that on these cars, there’s only the one adjustable link on each side and that rear camber is not adjustable.

Also - it is strongly advised to insist on ‘before’ and ‘after’ alignment printouts. That way you can be sure to be able to tell that they are paying attention and adjusting all the numbers and not just fudging things. You have to get it established early on in your discussion with them that they will provide the printouts. If they say they can’t or won’t provide ‘before’ and ‘after’ printouts, no use in arguing with them - take your business to a different shop. There’s no reason they can’t do that this day and time.

So you’re only going to add the 2nd adjustable link on one side and not both sides? Why not do both?

On the front, only toe is normally adjustable. You can add front camber adjust bolts. But even though front camber and caster are not adjustable, you still want them on the printouts so you know if there are any worn out or bent parts or other issues that need to be fixed (and also so they can’t tell you you have a problem that you don’t really have). (Actually, front caster can be adjusted, but not by normal means - and only would be done if cross-caster is way off and causing a pull to one side.)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I meant I was going to get two of the stabilizer links and another adjustable lateral link for the other side. The solid ones look fine but I was just wondering to just use adjustable ones there since the solid ones are hard to find/expensive.

As screwed up as my suspension is, the alignment seems good still. I had it aligned about 10K miles ago after I got new tires and they still look new tread-wise. I lined up the two links yesterday and stuck a bolt through each hole to make sure they were the same length. I also rotate the tires every two oil changes since it takes about as much time as the oil to drain out.

Once I get the other suspension parts in I'll take it for an alignment though.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts