DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello treppers: I have an update on my 3.2 rebuild redo. Purchased a reground crank kit w/bearings, and had to get one new (refurbed) con rod, so I can now continue with redoing the bottom end after I have ev'rything cleaned up. I have a question, which I posted previously but got no response, so here goes again: I bought one of the rear main seal housings under the new part number, and I noticed that it doesn't have the rubber/nitride strip to seal against the oil pan like the original housing did. Any suggestions on how to seal this so I don't have oil leaking out the back of the oil pan?

·
Premium Member
16,631 Posts
I haven't had to deal with that seal, so am not intimately familiar with the details, but the design was changed. There have been at least one thread where the changes and the implications of them were gone into in some detail (IIRC). I also believe that the part was on backorder - don't know if that is still true.

You should try a search with some good key words (use plus signs before each word in the search for AND'ing - otherwise it will OR them, and you'll get pages and pages of useless hits). Or perhaps someone who participated in one of those discussions or otherwise knows all the facts will chime in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts