DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear rotor is al grooved up.. other side is fine...
wtf.
Any ideas??? You cant feel anything while driving. I noticed it as I got air in the tire... other than that I wouldbt have noticed it...
Is this a situation that I wold have to change both pads and rotors.. or just the one side..

Keith

·
Registered
865 Posts
Never change only one side, it's strange why it only happened to one side though?

maybe some crud got between the pad and the rotor and it got scratched or something? or maybe there is something wrong with the pad, have you inspected it?

·
Registered
462 Posts
You have to change the pads on both sides, if the rotor is not damaged or warped and has enough meat left there is no need to change it. Why waste the money on something that you do not need.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Most likely something got in-between the pad and rotor, or there was some foreign object in the brake pad itself. That happens now and than. Some of the things I've seen would amaze you.

If your car brakes fine and all there really is no need to replace the rotors. But if you do replace them, than you have to replace both sides.

·
Registered
865 Posts
well the car does very little braking with the rear brakes so I would also not really worry about it, you can possibly even get both rear rotors re-ground or re-faced for around $25 (each) at most places, and just change the pads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts