DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to make my rear seat come down, like in the ES the back seat comes down so you can see into the trunk? my rear seat does not fold back, and i would like it to. has anyone done this to their trep, did it work out alright? im very interested in this, thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
None of the first gen intrepids ever had rear seats that folded down for a pass through to the trunk. Have seen and my buddy cut out the whole metal backing the seats mounts on for his stereo system. I have plans after getting the useful mods done first to design a hinge and locking system taken from a neon or stratus to work in their for a factory look and to have it functional to fold down.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Have seen and my buddy cut out the whole metal backing the seats mounts on for his stereo system.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Have seen and my buddy cut out the whole metal backing the seats mounts on for his stereo system.

i dunno if i'd do that or not, that is there for support, i had a friend take that same thing out of his car for his systems and a crack delevoped in the body, i wouldn't not do that unless you used the box itself as the brace

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
gr8crash said:
i dunno if i'd do that or not, that is there for support, i had a friend take that same thing out of his car for his systems and a crack delevoped in the body, i wouldn't not do that unless you used the box itself as the brace
If that is the case, you could make a couple small braces to place there and still have alot of open space.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Been there done that :biggrin: :biggrin:

Where the arm rest goes. The place where they did my system made a hole there. To let the air from the subs come in the cabin. im going to attach a pic:bigsmile:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That's pretty cool. I wish I had the leather interior so I could do that. Cloth doesn't have that handy fold down arm rest. Damn base models.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Cloth doesn't have that handy fold down arm rest.

i have cloth and my seat folds down like that i took out the vinyl backing so you can see into the trunk also.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
pimped3point3 said:
That's pretty cool. I wish I had the leather interior so I could do that. Cloth doesn't have that handy fold down arm rest. Damn base models.
i have a cloth interior and the fold down armrest....but i also have an ES model, maybe thats why yours doesn't have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts