DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
I believe the brackets and framing has to be changed over as the bolt holes do not line up.

I have 94 Grey leather Corde seats in my eagle and they are nice for the job! I do have 2001 300m black leather fronts up front however.

If you want a plushy leather LHS seats work best also.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I believe the brackets and framing has to be changed over as the bolt holes do not line up.

I have 94 Grey leather Corde seats in my eagle and they are nice for the job! I do have 2001 300m black leather fronts up front however.

If you want a plushy leather LHS seats work best also.

I'm looking to do my 96 Intrepid with plushy leather LHS seats.. What years are the best to work with?? :worky:

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
I believe the early years? Although I am not for sure. I do know the front LHS seats make you stir to high up and are not as comfortable as thought. I prefer the 300M seats over them.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Statistically, the easiest LHS seats for you to use, in the best shape, are going to be from a '97 LHS. The rear seat has a MINOR difference, but nothing that you can't make work.

Unless you want to go 2nd gen, the LHS from 1997 are a good swap.

·
Registered
164 Posts
OK i found a 2001 3.2L Intrepid ES in the Junk yard here with black Cloth power seats.. Getting them Friday for $109.00.. The 01 has the Autostick setup too.. Now will the TCM work in my 96 3.3?? and for the Shifter will that fit in mine too??

·
Dain bramaged
7,338 Posts
the 2 g shifter has a bracket for the shifter cables attached to it, the 1st gen doesn't. I don't think the 01 has a tcm, I believe they were all one unit by that point. It wouldn't work anyway.

·
15,449 Posts
I'd pull the shifter anyway - if I remember right there is one other difference, but the parts from a non-autostick 1st gen will retro fit the second gen autostick shifter, or something like that.

You will need a 1st gen TCM with autostick though to make it do anything though - a second gen electronics won't help, as stated above.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'd pull the shifter anyway - if I remember right there is one other difference, but the parts from a non-autostick 1st gen will retro fit the second gen autostick shifter, or something like that.

You will need a 1st gen TCM with autostick though to make it do anything though - a second gen electronics won't help, as stated above.

So that 01 autostick shifter will work in my 96? just if i can i will slowly get the stuff for the autostick conversion. right now will be doing the Four Wheel Disk Conversion next week..

·
15,449 Posts
So that 01 autostick shifter will work in my 96? just if i can i will slowly get the stuff for the autostick conversion. right now will be doing the Four Wheel Disk Conversion next week..
As was stated above me as well, yes. I seem to remember having to do some obvious and simple internal part swapping to make a few changes for complete compatibility, but I may be remembering parts I swapped to do a repair of the shifter button mechanism.

·
Registered
32 Posts
:thinking:Now that I think about it the shifter I put in my 94 came from a 99 300 and there was a bracket for the shifter cable that I had to remove from the new shifter (was very easy to remove). Also the new shifter had 4 mounting holes 2 in front of shifter and 2 behind it. My car only has 3 mounting studs for the shifter. 2 in front and one in the middle towards the rear but still inside the shifter. The new shifter had the odd 3rd hole where it needed to be (directly under the A/S electronics) but it needed to be enlarged to fit over the stud. On the new shifter to be able to get to the 3rd mount I had to remove the top of the shifter tighten the nut then put the top back on. The old shifter had a access hole for that nut.

Bob

·
Registered
164 Posts
OK got the seats in front no problem working on making new brackets for the rear and just putting in the Autostick shifter. Going to wire in the 6' of wire i pulled out of a M300 i got from the yard.. just ordered the TCM today so when it came the wiring should be done.. so the 4 wires goes as fallows Black= Ground, Red= Hot 12v then the other two are shift up and down.. I got enough wire to go from the shifter throw the fire wall to the battery where the TCM is.. am i missing anything?

·
15,449 Posts
You will need some pins to add to the TCM harness - do you have a spare TCM harness you can rob some pins from? If not, I've got a harness end that I've been scabbing from - I'd be happy to drop two in an envelope and send them to you...

Let me know.

·
Dain bramaged
7,338 Posts
being yours is a 96, and it appears you've changed the carpet, Did you check to see if your car was already wired for autostick? Some late 96's were.

Also check the tcm plug to see if you might already have the wires in the plug, if not your going to need the pins. Go back to the junkyard and cut the whole plug off a junkyard 1st gen, it won't matter if its an autostick car or not. It will allow you to practice taking the plug apart, which is tricky without breaking it, and give you more then enough pins for your current plug.

LG is upshift, YL/RD is downshift, Black is Ground and Red is 12V

·
Registered
164 Posts
To mine being setup for Autostick No didn't see wires there and i checked my TCM and the module # is 4606289.. I will go back and grab some pins.. Thanks for the offer tho.. just got the wires setup in the car now waiting for the TCM.. Also will need the speed-o cluster. I think that's going to be a while hard to fine one out here .

·
Dain bramaged
7,338 Posts
You might also need to change BCM's. You need the premium BCM for the cluster to work properly. Does your car have a 2 plug *basic* or a 3 plug *premium* pcm?

If you have factory ATC or OTIS you will have a premium BCM.

Check the TCM plug itself, not the TCM, Some cars had the wires for autostick in the TCM Plug but lacked the wires in the cabin.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts