DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

rear seat swap 95 for 2002

10K views 51 replies 8 participants last post by  EagleESI 
#1 ·
Hi, does anyone know what exactly needs to be done, to replace my 95 eagle vision with the rear seats from a 2002 dodge intrepid? Thank you..

#36 · (Edited)
The tracks and motors on these seats are a royal pain to swap. They don't just bolt on, they are actually structural to the seat. The whole seat has to come apart. I swapped the tracks on an r/t seat I bought that had broken tracks, It took me bout 30-45 minutes to get one seat apart.

If you do this, be careful the metal is very VERY sharp. I cut my hand pretty bad while doing this and didn't even notice it till the blood started getting everywhere.

BigBCC, check this out > http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/showthread.php?t=86447

#37 ·
I have to agree with those who said to disable the factory alarm on the premium BCM I didn't do it right away and had to call to get someone to rescue me from the store. Worked fine until I locked the doors then not so much. As far as the LHS BCM not working with the A/S cluster my BCM came from a 97 LHS and it displays the correct A/S gear on my cluster. I don't know if I got lucky or what.

Bob

#38 ·
The only incompatibility I had heard of with BCM's is with 93-95 ones. I run the factory premium BCM that my 95 came with and my autostick works fine, but other 1st gen guys have reported that they had problems with a pre-96 unit.

I've never heard anything about an LHS unit not working. Granted they were never offered with the autostick option, which is where I think this is coming from. If you do swap to the LHS interior you will have to modify the stock center console piece as it is unique to the layout for the LHS.

#41 ·
I've never heard anything about an LHS unit not working. Granted they were never offered with the autostick option, which is where I think this is coming from. If you do swap to the LHS interior you will have to modify the stock center console piece as it is unique to the layout for the LHS.

Ya i saw that and was thinking that the 01 intrepid Autostick Bezel and the LHS bezel and maybe able to combined the two peaces together.. Going back to the yard and will see if it looks good to do.. Nothing like a little Fiberglass want fix...I custom my Radio Bezel to fit a 7'' tough screen in the Intrepid this should be no different....

#39 ·
From everything I've seen and understood, ANY premium BCM works - regardless of what it came from. My Premium came from an LHS as well, and works just fine.

The easiest way to do the BCM alarm disable is to go get a computer wiring bit - the two wire ones here:

and then using a hunk of wire about 6-9 inches long - plug wire and plug into the correct pin on the connector per the links above - and then hook the other end of the wire onto a ground screw - I used one of the dash screws on the door pillar that gets covered by the end cap.

Always fun to get a call from a fellow member after installing a BCM for him, 90 miles away, and having to explore a little town you don't know, trying to find wires at random stores, to repair this problem. Stumbled into a computer repair depot, little mom and pop shop - and they gave me one of those LED header plugs - worked PERFECT.

#40 ·
I thought that as well, as I was told by the old'n DI.net resident experts, but Chewie and EagleESI have said that dave tried a pre 96 bcm in his car and the autostick cluster didn't work.

*shrug* just grab a 96-97 bcm and don't worry bout it.

#42 ·
Actually, an easy mod to make the LHS into an autostick is to use a knife and some patience... Take the Intrepid autostick console, and carefully cut in the groove around the shifter area of the console, till you break all the way through. Then, on the LHS console you make the same cuts. Swap the cut parts and using the attaching method of choice, meld the two together. You could use expoxy, you could plastic weld with a soldering iron, or of course you could use the Handy Man's secret weapon, DUCT TAPE! (no, just kidding!)

Since you are cutting in the groove or seam between the shifter area and the 'textured' part of the bezel, the joint and swapping is MUCH less obvious.

I did this mod for Kyle's mother last year at Art's meet. Worked out nicely. The alternative is to cut straight across the whole console right in front of the shifter part of the bezel, but this gives you a hard line edge that is very visible. One member on the board did that a few year back, and didn't look too bad. Something to dress the cut would be nice.

#45 ·
That's actually a pretty nice mod, I'd love to see how it actually looks and works in the car. Also, just a thought, but to get a more "stock" look to it, couldn't you make sure that on the back it's secured very well, and sand the whole top smooth, and get putty primer (I believe it's that or high-fill primer or something like that) and spray it with that, or better yet actual trim paint from I believe dupli-color that's already textured, then get a paint that matches the current color of the bezel and paint over it to make it look as though it came factory?

Just my randomness speaking, ya know? I believe it'd look good, Hell it already looks great, just puttin' stuff out there ya know? xD

OK I'll take the Handy Man's secret weapon >>>>
LOL Nice I hope that was just to hold it while something else dried :p

#48 ·
I had one, My buddy made it for me. Then the boot ripped due to it being just a tiny bit to short, so my buddy took it back to fix it. He put it in his car to test it, then sold the car with the console piece in it.

It works, it looks good. The only thing I couldn't find was a way to keep the texture consistent and a paint to match the stock "grey". I ended up sanding it smooth and just primered it. I never really got a chance to find the paint.

#49 ·
It works, it looks good. The only thing I couldn't find was a way to keep the texture consistent and a paint to match the stock "grey". I ended up sanding it smooth and just primered it. I never really got a chance to find the paint.
Ya not to worried about that seeing that my center consul matches the color of my car.. Ordered some Epoxy and will be working on it next week..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.