DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think all the speakers in my 99 es are blown. I have disconnected all of them except the rear. I can't figure out how to get them. I opened up the trunk and dropped the seats. The whole area looks enclosed. Could somebody help me out.

·
9,861 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
yup......gotta take out the rear seats and remove the rear pillar covers to get at the rear shelf and remove the cover to uncover the speakers.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
All this work to replace two speakers which could of easily been installed by the factory through the trunk.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Really, it's not that hard. I actually think it's a great design, no ugly speakers visible in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It's extremely easy once you do it the first time. I've done it at least 3 times to adjust wiring, fix rattles, and install my rockford 4-ways. If you decide to replace your rear speakers I would recommend using some kind of foam baffle or something and tighten the speakers as much as you can. Also make sure your wiring is secured somehow and not just sitting on the metal as that can create a bad rattle. Just some tips from one audiophile to others.

Josiah

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yes, and dont forget to remove the seat belts, I got pissed pulling and pulling on the back of the seat then, Duh gotta take the belt holders off cause its keeping the seat in. Theyre a bit hidden if your not looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts