DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ho man! I just saw an old commercial for the first gen trep and the guy says that the rear wheel pivots to handle corners better? this is the first I heard of this! does any trep owners have that?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Far as I know, the only car that Chrysler has offered that had 4 wheel steering was the Stealth.
No LH car was ever offered with it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
ok but the rear wheels dont turn they pivot side to side for better conering, thats what I understand by what the guy in the commercial says....

ok try this

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok why is it keep giving me a 404 when I click on it, is anyone else getting the 404?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok then goto youtube and enter dodge intrepid in the seach its on the second page first vid. guy holding a tire the guy is the actor from "the lost boys" the head vampire!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was selling cars at a Dodge dealership when the LH cars came out, went to all the new car launches and I don't remember anything about a pivoting rear suspension. They were all up about the independant rear suspension tho. Prior to the LH's almost everything else had a solid rear axle.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
aahh thanks veeb0rg, thats it! hhmmmm now I wonder how we can mod our 1st gens to have rear pivot? lol!

·
Registered
430 Posts
aahh thanks veeb0rg, thats it! hhmmmm now I wonder how we can mod our 1st gens to have rear pivot? lol!
I do believe he is talking about general techonolgy, not a specific object that pivots in the rear...

when the Intrepid came out, it was an evolution of technology for dodge. I remember the commercials about the wheels being moved outward for a wider stance, and the cab forward design to give more interior space... I'm sure that this commercial is simply representing the roll of the rear suspension to help cornering... he already mentioned the tire tread being quieter (muffler system comment)... in fact, it could be all about the tires... even though they show an intrepid at the end, everything he talked about had to do with that tire - then he mentioned where you could find one...

my .02

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no he says I qoute "that it allows the rear wheels to actually pivot"

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ha ha! did any one see the other video veboorg posted of a silver trep ES with autostick and digital climate control! (in spanish) me want one!

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
My 96 ES has a digital climate control and autostick but its all english lol

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no I meant the video is in spanish lol sorry for the confusion

1 - 18 of 18 Posts