DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've got a 96 ES 3.5L and of course like on most 4-door sedans, the rear windows do not roll down all of the way, more like 3 5ths of the way for I suppose child protection reasons. I would very much so like to disable this somehow. I was informed by a friend that a lot of cars just have something inside the door panel by the window motor that basically stops the window from going down all the way, which it possibly can if the block is removed. I was curious to whether these cars have them or not or if they do, is it an easy procedure to remove them so my windows can go all the way down so it's easier to throw bricks out from the back seats at innocent bystanders... I'm kidding, but anyhow, does anyone know anything about this? I have a repair manual so I can easily remove the door panels to get at it if it's mainly as easy as that.

-Dan :p

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
The reason the windows don't go all the way down is actually the shape of the door.

If you stand next to your car, you can see that if the window tried going down any farther then it already does, it would come out the back/bottom of the door.

Sorry, no fix....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts