DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i dont know if its been posted but I received a recall notice, the camshaft sensor replacement and pcm flash.. so go to chrysler website punch in your vin for the recall and see if yours needs it too. so yeah ive been needing to replace that damn sensor now i get to do it for free

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
side note also on the recall, it stated about driving your vehicle in limp mode for a long time, will make the cats fail. and may need to be replaced also free of charge.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well called of the local dealer, shocking after dealing with 3 different people and not one knowing what the pcm flash was about even the "shop foremen".
I talked to one person on the phone and they said " the update is like getting the up date for your computer at home". I said no at least you can reverse that update if it ****s something up and if the computer goes apeshit it can be fixed alot cheaper then replacing the engine due to something gone wrong.. I then asked the dealer if the cam sensors fails right after the pcm flash and they said they dont cover it and I would have to talk to chrysler. they also said that the cam sensor is not the problem its just a pcm flash and then said verbatim what the recall notice said... after all that I'm not doing the pcm flash....
so whats this story about the sensor not able to handle the volts? also what do i need to do to solve the problem.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 it takes 3 tries to start my car. it would turn over a few times then i retry 1 or 2 more times before it starts
i then received a code saying multiple cylinder misfire and another dealing with the sensor

while my fiance was driving it, a few times she said that the car would shake really bad like the front ends falling off and the obd light came on.
by the time i go to check it, the codes gone.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the main problem for why the car wont start up right away and needs 2 to 3 tries?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts