DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 3.5L with 140,000 miles. What would be the best option for this car? I have just been doin boatloads of work on this sumbitch and feel like keeping it alive for a while longer.

·
9,861 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Mobil 1

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mobil 1 5w30 Super Synthetic with Wix filter.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
or a puralator filter. or a motorcraft filter. basically anything but a fram filter

·
Registered
133 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, get Mobil 1 oil. It is outstanding stuff! I have to tell you that I had a bad experience with their oil FILTERS though. I personally use Wix filters in all of my cars and swear by them, not AT them. Use Wix part number 51068. It is a little larger than the OEM filter, but not enough that you have to add more than 5 quarts of oil.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you want to save a bit of money or just keep using (I assume you aren't using synthetic oil) the dinosaur oil, I personally would recommend Valvoline Maxlife, but like everyone else said, if you have the extra bit of cash, spring for the Mobil 1.

Forget that Motorcraft filter, people... use the Mobil 1 filter, NAPA Gold filter/WIX filter, or my personal favorite, K&N.

Let us know what you decide to do... :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
AmsOil IS better.. but no one can justify the cost :p

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ladies & gentleman we have a winner...

·
Registered
115 Posts