DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed last weekend, fired right up idles great runs great but at 2400rpm it starts to surge like it has a rev limiter, cant wrap my head around this problem. took out the bad motor put in the reman, now dissapointed....

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
is this running down the road? or free reving?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,643 Posts
2500 rpm is the hand off point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so maybe i hit the flex plate when installing the motor, man i was so carefull, thats means pulling it back out or pulling the tranny

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Cam, Crank, and several other sensors run on the same 5v supply... damaging the flex plate would take a big hit, IMO... I don't think that's it...

AH HA! Another idea... what year is your car, and what year did the engine come out of? Did you re-use your original cam gears and flexplate???

·
Registered
727 Posts
lets hope he did nic the flex plate, it might be a bit easier then changing out. might be able to fix the plate with the engine-trans brace off only.

cam gears can be it too, my hunch,it has something do do with the sensors and cam/flex plate.

good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
orderd the motor with all the specs, from the car, vin etc. so i dont know what year it would have come out of, i bought a reman longblock, complete.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
could the flex plate be put on wrong, the bolt holes are punched out too match, so i guess you cant. because i had to keep turning it to get all the bolt holes too line up just right

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes it did, complete an installed, all i had to do was install the timing cover, oil pick up tube, pan, flex plate and valve covers. oh and the sparkknock sensor stud.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I'm taking a big leap here but, it is completely possible that the left cam gear is incompatible with your controller. Since you swapped the flex plate from the original motor, that shouldn't be an issue. However, the left sprocket on the engine may be incorrect. Did you save the original cam sprockets?

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
for grins and giggles,, unplug the cam sensor, and see if it starts, if it does,, run it on up to 2500,, if it starts bucking,, cam plate,,, easy fix , if you have the old one

1 - 20 of 34 Posts