DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Chrysler 360ci engine from 1986. The oil filter is a pain to get at. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can get a remote filter kit? Or if they're even available?

Thanks,
GB49

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Summit Racing is where I got mine. Jegs, JC whitney, permacool, B&M probably too.

Tell me how pretty do you want it to be?

Reactions: GB49

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't care how it looks, few people will ever see it. I just want good quality. The engine on the left has the filter on the right side which is easy to get to but the engine on the right is a trick to get at. The factory went through the trouble of making one engine counter rotational and put both dipsticks in the center, should have gone all the way and done the oil too.
Cant complain too much. Both have probably over 1,000hrs on them and run very well. By the way, these are 318ci (240hp) w/ center dumps. My 360's (275hp) look the same except for the log manifolds. Its a real pleasure standing between 550 genuine Chrysler horsepower at 4,000+rpm. Loud as ****! :smilie_sc

I'll checkout those places you guys mentioned.
Thanks,
GB49

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heres an external shot. 32' long. Weighs nearly 12,000lbs, hold 150gals of gas. Each engine has 4-barrel Rochester carb and burns approx 6-8gals/hr at cruising speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts