DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how can I wire up my radio, to turn on with the Remote Start? without blowing a fuse, etc... . I mean I want to hook radio, amp/s, etc.. to my Remote start, so when Sart ---HER--- up, music and all comes on. I did this trick to my neon sets, it worked fine for a while, but than I kept blowing fuses in the alarm box, anyone have any ideas?.

~LUIE-LU~

·
Registered
494 Posts
dude, just leave the radio on when u turn the car off and it will come on when it remote starts up...u shouldn't hook anything like a radio up to the remote starter brain....I don't even know how the hell u would do that...windows and starter are all I know that get hooked up to it..I had a viper alarm and it had a 4 button remote..I could start it up, roll down the windows with the remote...if I left the radio on it would come on like u put a key in the ignition and started it up yourself...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw a tahoe with this feature, car turns on from remote, lights come, a/c, radio is turned on, sytem going, etc..., just so convenient, and It will be aniice little mod bro, ;) dont u think,?lol

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
luisa said:
I saw a tahoe with this feature, car turns on from remote, lights come, a/c, radio is turned on, sytem going, etc..., just so convenient, and It will be aniice little mod bro, ;) dont u think,?lol
Actually I think it's a little "lazy" if you ask me. When would you possibly use it? When you wake up on a cold day and you want to warm up the radio? Iunno, to each their own but for how simple it is to sit down on my leather seat and turn the key half way, I dont see why anyone would waste their time with something like this...
BTW, be on the lookout for a PM!

·
Registered
494 Posts
what type of alarm do u have? where did u get it installed or did u do it yourself? I never had problems with mine...whatever I left on inside my car would come on again, a/c, defroster, radio, lights, etc...I had a viper brand alarm...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Skynet-2-way FM , it was installed at a shop, and the guys there, I dont trust anymore, So I will NOT go back to them, any help will be greatly appreciated, ;)

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Most, if not all, remote starts hookup to two different circuits on the ignition switch. I personally like the fact that I can leave my radio on and remote start the car without my stereo cranking away while I'm not around it. In fact, if it wasn't designed this way I would probably have to turn my radio off everytime I get out of the car. Now my climate controls and heated seats come on without the other unnecessary stuff wasting power. I honestly can't see any point in having the tunes going when you're not in the car but to each his own.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm with the majority here, but if you can get a wiring diagram/install manual for your alarm for the pin out/wire color codes and the wiring color sheet for your car you can use the alarm's remote start output to activate a relay that will power on the radio. You don't want to add something like the radio's power to the alarm since it was not built to power it. You will have to track down some of the shop's install wiring though inside the car wherever it is dash/glovebox etc.

Generally when the alarms are setup to turn something like the ac/heat if you left it on when you left the car it is because the remote feeds power directly to that unit from either the accessory power wire or from it's main power feed through some relay.
If you do that wire in a switch somewhere so you can disable that w/o opening everything up if/when you don't want to do it anymore.

I like that my viper setup, doesn't turn my radio on when I RS, that way I don't have to turn it down when RS'ing it at 6:20am etc, if I left it up when I left the car.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
You should just be able to connect the output that is on when you remote start to both the circuits on the ignition. I don't believe much current flows through these wires and they're only used to activate a relay that then supplies power to the sytems in the car. I wouldn't do this until omebody with more knowledge of the intrepid's ignition and how much current flows through each wire onfirms this. You will then need to ensure your remote start is capable of supplying this amount of current. I'm having a similar problem now with my dad's ram. I installed the remote start during the winter and the heat works fine but in the summer the blower comes on but for some stupid reason the a/c is on the other circuit with the radio.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Not sure about the stock heated seats as I don't have my 300m leather yet. I have an aftermarket seat heater so I connected it to a realy that is turned on by the output of the remote start that is powered when the car is remote started.

·
Registered
566 Posts
luisa said:
Ok, how about the heated seats coming on when left on?. when I want them on.

Not sure what you mean I don't know if the treps seats, if heated, could be 'left on' the M's heated seats are a temporary heating 10-15mins then they turn off.

You could turn them on as 00r/t.mopar.muscle said but you need to locate the switch for high/low and wire the on to whichever you'll be wanting to use with the RS. You MAY have to supply power to them also since the circuit they get their power from may be tied into an accessory line and thus not be availble for power unless the key is turned to the full position. You could verify that by RS the car and trying to use the heated seats w/o putting the key in or turning it, if it works you won't have to give them power.

You'll also want to use a relay or an output from the Remotestart/alarm that is a momentary pulse like when you do it in the car you press the buttong and release it that starts the heating for 10-15mins then it goes off.
There are some setups for how to make a constant current ie an on off switch into a momentary pulse like how the sw works in the car at:

http://the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp

PS: Adding all this stuff may give you problems starting your car if your battery is old or you live in an area where it gets really cold because your drawing extra current when the car is trying to start.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
It sounds like you guys are making this way too complicated, when I remote start it just turns the car on like everything is on in the car. There was no screwy wiring **** up with relays or to two circuits, I don't remember my install since that was a long time ago but it wasn't that comnplicated.

·
Registered
566 Posts
luisa said:
I have a Skynet-2-way FM , it was installed at a shop, and the guys there, I dont trust anymore, So I will NOT go back to them, any help will be greatly appreciated,
luisa said:
My alarm wont turn on the radio, unless the key is in the ignition,
CaptainMorgan said:
It sounds like you guys are making this way too complicated, when I remote start it just turns the car on like everything is on in the car. There was no screwy wiring **** up with relays or to two circuits, I don't remember my install since that was a long time ago but it wasn't that comnplicated.
He didn't do the install himself a shop did it and the way it is setup it does not work like yours does, either A) He could wire it up with no relays, IF the alarms has all the needed outputs & they can support the current load for the accessories OR B) His alarm doesn't have the proper relays inside and cannot support the current draw in that case he needs to use relays to protect his alarm/remote start's brain from being fried when he tries to draw 5 amps from a 200ma output. Whichever one it is he has to do it himself OR take it to a shop for them to do.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I got an alarm/remote start put in my car, and i wish it did that too. My buddy's car got a different alarm and his starts the radio, turns on the tv, subs, etc... it has its pros and cons but I'm pretty sure you gotta hook up a different wire that what they did.. try tying in the wire that u need, ACC or w/e [im reallly bad at cars]... lemme know, so I can do it too!!

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I'm just saying that it seems way simpler just to have the remote start turn on the car like normal and the brain doesn't have to support the accessories.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Im Thinking 2 things #1 being just flat lazy. reallly only need the atc set it forget it
#2 trying to show off and impress peoples. but then again to each is their own

1 - 20 of 23 Posts