DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the Intrepid has a problem with something, because the trunk buttons dont work on the remote, or in the car. If the trunk is open they work, but when it is closed it does nothing. So what could be wrong? I hope someone else knows and can help.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I would get a multimeter and check for a break in the wiring. My guess would be that a wire is broken and moving the trunk lid closes the break in the wire.

·
Registered
780 Posts
this has been mentioned before in here, I have the same problem. I got sick of limited trunk access so I tied a wire to the latch that opens the trunk and have it run up to and coming out from the back seat. A slight wire tug and pop goes the trunk. Some meber replaced his :spring" thats supposed to open the trunk but since it works sometimes but not always it must be a wire or something that I just can't find.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I love this about this site-- we have problems-- we do not have the right parts--money--experience-- Do we let it stop us hell no we create and invent-- I wish more of the people I have working for me would not let simple problems fustrate them into thinking there is only one acceptable solution----- Love the wire man love the wire

·
Registered
780 Posts
thanx man...i fly RC planes and my spitfire fits perfectly in the trunk. Before the wire I had to crawl through the backseat and pull the emergency handle... PITA

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
thanx man...i fly RC planes and my spitfire fits perfectly in the trunk. Before the wire I had to crawl through the backseat and pull the emergency handle... PITA
have you not heard of using your key to open the trunk?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Not when you replace the factory keyhole with a back-up camera...have I not mention that before ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts