DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not an expert on cars or anything but i wanted to know if i should remove the air restrictor on my trep? would is affect my gas milage per gallon? or power?

·
Registered
714 Posts
What year, model and engine size please?

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
accoring to his profile he has a 94' with a 3.5L

Here's the deal with the restrictor:

Chrysler put it there to reduce noise.

Removing it will not have any noticable performance gain, neither horsepower, nor mpg. In fact, i think somewhere along the lines somebody had their car dyno'd and it came back with a slight loss of power without the restricter installed.

Removing it will make you car louder under heavy accelertation.

I had mine removed on my 95' Concorde for about 2 years with no problems whatsoever, eventully i removed the entire intake box and went with the spectre intake, which made it much, much, louder.

So, imo, take it out, the car will sound throatier under heavy accelertation, even though there will be little to no power gain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard some mustangs gained a few hp after a dyno test
HTML:
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/intke.htm

·
Registered
93 Posts
pardon me!

But where is the Air restrictor located?

thanx..

mine is a 99 corde 3.2

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Green_Concorde said:
pardon me!

But where is the Air restrictor located?

thanx..

mine is a 99 corde 3.2
it's a 1st gen thing ;)

we really don't have one on the 2g's (at least not that i've seen)

·
Registered
310 Posts
I removed mine and slapped an intake meant for a civic and my car is loud only when I first start it up. It sounds like a jet fighter when it's warming up but once it's warmed up the whooshing rush of air sound is gone and it sounds deeper under heavy acceleration.
Personally I don't care if it makes the car fast or not! I like the way it looks when I open the hood! That's all that counts!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
you can use any piece of tubeing mines from an 01 dodge ram, free from my friends brother.

it's dirty too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts