DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove my Cad Converter, But I don't want to have the dummy light stay on.. Is there a way to fool the O2??? Next monday not this monday i am having my Glasspaks put on and I wanna do it myself, cause the shop won't do it... AnyIdeas.???

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Well first off they are CATalytic conveters and they are 100% illegal to remove however if you dont live in an emissions check state then the odds are good that no one would ever find out. Just keep in mind that if you do get caught, "I told you so". As far as I know there is no good way to fool the O2 sensors, there's probably some kind of trick out there but I havn't a clue what it is.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
the shop won't do it because it's illegal. Irresponsable too. Don't care much about the world you live on I guess.
Why do you want to take them off anyways? If you're looking for performance, you won't get more this way. Most cats are pretty free flowing these days in order to increase gas mileage and performance. If they're "clogged" and causing restriction, put new ones on.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I'm with Great White - Keep the converters. Be good to the environment.

If you want to be Mr. Evil, then check into the Plymouth Powler websites as some there have installed "spoofs" in place of the O2 sensors to make the engine computer think it is seeing the correct signals with the cats removed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts