DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Dynomax performance muffler installed, sounds nice.

I was wondering if there would be any improvement if I removed my resonator. I am not using the stock resonator, it was upgraded, looks like a glasspack. Would it probably be too loud if I removed this, is this not a good idea, no performance improvement???

Thanks for any info......

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
when i had mine done they took the muffler/resonator off and just replaced with a single muffler...

well, they added a glasspack on it when i had the flowmaster 80 to help quiet it down, but it didnt help much, so they swapped the flowmaster and added the dynomax and i just left the glasspack in.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thrasher is right the flowmasters were loud. But i got to hear his dynomax up close and personal. And there not loud they sound good:biggrin:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I know, I'd actually like it a little louder but I don't want it to be hella loud.

I actually removed my K&N Intake cause it caused my engine to be so freakin' loud when I punch it although I liked the performance. My girlfriend lives about a mile behind the freeway and once heard me when I punched it to get on, no joke. She called me up and was like, that was you huh? you just got on the freeway.......?

I punched it hard one time when there were a bunch of Highway Patrol officers pulled over at the side of the freeway. They all flung their heads around to look. No joke, I was lucky they didn't come after me.

Should I remove my resonator, glasspack whatever it is........? Could there be any performance increase or some better sound or will it be really noisy with the Dynomax, does anyone know.....?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i noticed no difference in the performance

the dynomax is much quieter and still have a beefytone, especially when i get on the throttle.

dont get me wrong, i like loud...but...

the flowmaster was just plain loud, all the time loud, rattle yer teeth in the cabin loud, make yer voice vibrate loud, in the back seat unable to talk to the front seat loud. but it sounded good on the outside.

i'm probably gonna leave the glasspack in, it's a tiny one and probably not hurting anything.

removed the k&n because the engine was too loud? eh?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah........ hmmm, I'm just wondering if I should remove mine........

It sounds great, nice low growl but usually only sounds really deep at cruise not so much when you punch the gas hard. I want the exhaust to bark when I punch the gas hard too. I was thinking that this was because of the glasspack keeping it quiet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts