DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to try replacing the PCV valve again on my 01 Intrepid R/T (3.5 motor). I know where the valve is but last time I tried replacing it I broke the stupid thing off at the base and had to have the dealer tap it to remove it. I have no idea why they used a plastic screw in type from the factory when the replacements are metal.

Anyway, my question is that if I'm standing at the front bumper facing the steering wheel, which way do I turn it to loosen it- left or right?

Sorry for the stupid question but I don't want a repeat of last time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
actually nevermind- the idiots who designed this motor put the freaking thing between a rock and hard place and I can't get a wrench in there.

I just going to spray some throttlebody cleaner in it to clean it out.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Use a ratchet and a 3/4 in deep socket from behind. Lefty loosey righty tightey...lol..looking from the front turn it clockwise, counter clockwise from the rear.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I did the same thing on mine. How far is it supposed to go in anyway? It never snugged down, just kept turning until CRACK, and the pieces falling down.

I used a Dremel tool to cut grooves on each side, then used a cut-down chisel and a ratcheting box-end wrench to back the other half out, fwiw.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
There is some red sealant on the threads of the PCV valve. It should not go much past it. It will get tighter as it goes in thru the sealant. I'll throw up a pic if I can find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts