DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im able to basically just peel the strip off in 10 to 15 inch sections by heating it up with a blowdryer.. but the glue thats left behind is a *****. ive been using goo gone and a rag.. but it seems like i need to use a scraper of some sort.. but im too scared to use anything.. any ideas?

·
Registered
550 Posts
WD-40 then 1500 grit wet paper then Zaino and a good wax job, it will look better than new.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would try to use rubbing alcohol. I used it on my stickers today, and also while removing tint from my window. Works great.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I waited for the afternoon sun to heat up the car then I took a thin grade guitar pick and went at it. From the constant heat of the sun it kept the glue lose so it came off easy. For spots that didn't come off I used goo gone. After I got it off I went over with a clay bar.

The only problem I have is on the other side of the car where the pinstripe has dried out and cooked itself into the paint.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I use WD-40 to lube the door hinges on every vehicle after an oil change, and it doesn't hurt the paint inside the door (which never gets waxed on the work beater). Just be sure to wash your car afterwards. It's also good for cleaning up a rim when a brake line blows...and for cleaning your toolbox/toolcart after a messy job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts