• I think i do

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have heard before on these forums that some of you (well at least 1 person) have removed/disabled/turned off the governor that only lets the trep go 118mph. If this is true, how do you do it? :devil: :bigsmile: How many of you have acctually disabled it or know how to? Is it a simple or hard task? :bigsmile:

Im not acctually the creator of this site, its my brothers friend's site

www.angelfire.com/ultra/mevissen:sly:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Governer??????? What's a governer???

Listen.......if you plan on removing your governer, I suggest you make sure you have tires on that rig that can handle speeds that the governer won't allow you to do. It's there for a reason, to stop stupid people from killing themselves when they go too fast and a tire blows out and the car slams into a tree.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
how fast do you need too go?? u got to figure that is it worth it for the amount of times you would go that fast

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
This is true, but exceeding the speed rating of your tires just increases your risk of having problems.

As for removing the govenor, there was a member (Turbo) who was selling them, but has since stopped making/selling them. That was the only solution I'm aware of...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
"As it is I am a single Freshman attending Wayzata Highschool. I don't need a girlfriend, but I was thinking, "hey why not?, I'm up for it." What a RARE opportunity! There are so many beautiful ladies out there looking for a good guy like me that will give them the respect that they deserve to be with. Don't think that you're the winner just by reading my page and calling me. Contestants must fill out my qualifications to be considered dateable.
- Attended Highschool 2002-2003.
- You live in Plymouth/Wayzata region(if not, I'M NOT DRIVING OUTSIDE THIS REGION).
- You love others and you love yourself.
- If "nonconformist" or "punk" doesn't describe you (because being negative about things to appear real is not cool.)
- You think Hockey is a good sport.
- You honor God, President, and our Troops.
- You don't shop at HOT TOPIC.
- School is some what a priority to you.
- You want to succeed after highschool.
- You think that bodily hygiene is important.
- You're a good listener.
- Last but not least, NO FAT CHICKS!

There you have it. My qualifications. If you have these qualifications and you want to take action of this RARE opportunity, call my house phone at 763-551-1357 and maybe we can set something up. Remember just because you have these qualifications doesn't automatically make you my girlfriend, the qualifications are just so I don't have to waste my time. THIS OFFER IS EXPIRIED! DON'T CALL ME!!"

This shows a lot of maturity!

·
Registered
962 Posts
WTF?!?!?!

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
ean05 said:
I have heard before on these forums that some of you (well at least 1 person) have removed/disabled/turned off the governor that only lets the trep go 118mph. If this is true, how do you do it? :devil: :bigsmile: How many of you have acctually disabled it or know how to? Is it a simple or hard task? :bigsmile:

Im not acctually the creator of this site, its my brothers friend's site

www.angelfire.com/ultra/mevissen:sly:
Can someone tell me what this site has to do with the topic of this thread? Am I just missing something?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Since you have a 1995 3.5 the easy way to remove the limiter is to buy a PCM with the VR tire rate or buy a superchip chip. Superchip make a chip for the OBDI PCM (1993-1995) And Chrysler make a PCM without limiter for the car that have the VR tire rate.

·
Registered
781 Posts
no matter how old the thread is... i think the proper procedure is to buy the highest rated tires you can find, go to a dealer and ask them to reflash the pcm, there is a million mile warranty on the pcm for those types of changes if i'm not mistaken... while you're at it, have them input the correct size of your wheels if you're using different sizes... they'll laugh at your but they have to perform the service... especially if you show them the tires.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Certain year 2nd gens could also have the speed limiter removed. I think it was Kenny Bell that did it, but they won't do it anymore, and it was only available on certain years of the 2nd gens.

·
Registered
910 Posts
It's up to 2001 that KB will do. After that the PCM was changed at the factory to the next generation PCM which KB can't do. I don't think a dealer will would remove the limiter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts