DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mopar short throw shifter came today. When i installed my wood dash kit there are parts for the console. I un-knowing covered two of the little trim covers that have mounting screws under them. Any body know a good way to remove the wood dash pc`s with out screwing them up?

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Hmmm...

All I can think of is gently prying them up with a thin flat head screwdriver until you can gently pull it off. After that you'll probably need some kind of adhesive to reattach after you get the shifter in.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i got 3M emblem glue. Just need to find away to get those corners up about 2"s.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Good luck getting those aftermarket trim pieces off. If a quality glue was included in the kit it will be pretty resistant to heat due to the high temps car interiors are often subjected to during summer months. You may want to contact the company you bought the kit from and see if they have any recommendations for an adhesive remover. If you do try to gently pry them up, I'd use something much wider than a screwdriver. This will help distribute the force accross a larger area and lessen the chances of marring the trim piece. A thin bladed, semi flexible putty knife (preferably plastic) often works nicely for prying on dash pieces...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Hmmmm. How about carefully cutting around the recess for the screws, and then filling the holes with little wooden plugs?? Maybe that would actually look like it was supposed to be that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts